ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

On another site the passing of FDNY Captain James Stark was reported on Saturday August 21st. Captain Stark was a true War Years Warrior having served in Engine 82 during the War Years as a Firefighter. He and all his peers should be remembered, they were the FDNY's Greatest Generation. May Captain Stark Rest in Peace and may his family at home and his friends from The Job feel the Lord's Comfort.

RET FF JERRY SULLIVAN LAD*108.
65-2
Death of a Member
It is with regret we announce the death of FDNY Retired member
FF Jerry Sullivan L-108
on September 4th, 2022, after a long illness. He was born April 5th, 1934, and was 88 years of age, residing in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. He served in the U.S.Army from 1953 – 1955 in Germany. Jerry served 26 year with the FDNY and was a member of 108 truck from 1959 – 1985; notably, Jerry’s legs were severely injured when he was thrown from the tiller when 108 was hit in an accident. Jerry was the original General Manager of the FDNY Bravest Football Team from 1974 – 1976, and the Executive Director. Below is the wake and funeral information, hopefully we can give the brother a proper send off.
Fraternally,
FDNY Retirees Broward Division Executive Board Sal D`Angelo – Vice President
Jeremiah “Jerry” Sullivan

• Wake:
o 3 – 5 PM *(for those Covid Vaccinated by request of the family) o 5 – 6 PM for unvaccinated
o Northwood Funeral Home
o 5608 Broadway Ave.
o West Palm Beach, Florida 33407
o Phone - 561.844.4311
Monday September 12th, 2022
• Funeral
o 10:30 AM sharp
Mass – Tuesday September 13th, 2022
o St. Clare’s Catholic Church
o 821 Prosperity Farms Road
o North Palm Beach, Florida 33408
• Burial following at 12:15
o South Florida National Cemetery, 6501 S. State Rd. 7/ US 441 o Lake Worth, Florida
o *Lane #1
Website www.fdnyretireesbrowarddivision.org

REST IN PEACE BROTHER....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (US ARMY) & FDNY....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES..... I knew Jerry since 1961 ....he worked both on Siegel St & Union Ave up until he was injured in a serious Rig accident actually being thrown from the Tiller seat thru the sliding door of the Tiller enclosure.....Jerry was very involved with things & was an Avid sports fan & participant.....back then our Roofman only took one tool a Metal Halligan Hook......when Jerry had the Roof he took a Wooden Hook....when you asked him why he just said "I like it".......one day we were cleaning up our tools for Annual Inspection & marking them with our colors which were Red..White & Blue bands....we had one 20 Ft Hook on the Rig & Jerry took some white paint & painted the large hook head all white ......Vinny Fowler Sr. was our LT & when he saw the 20 footer painted white he asked why .....(at the time Joe Namath had just won the 1969 Super Bowl wearing white Riddel cleats) ..... Jerry told him if Namath can have white cleats then we could have a white 20' hook....the LT looked at me & I was clueless what that relationship could be ? ......always great to be around Jerry .

REST IN PEACE BROTHER....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (US ARMY) & FDNY....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES..... I knew Jerry since 1961 ....he worked both on Siegel St & Union Ave up until he was injured in a serious Rig accident actually being thrown from the Tiller seat thru the sliding door of the Tiller enclosure.....Jerry was very involved with things & was an Avid sports fan & participant.....back then our Roofman only took one tool a Metal Halligan Hook......when Jerry had the Roof he took a Wooden Hook....when you asked him why he just said "I like it".......one day we were cleaning up our tools for Annual Inspection & marking them with our colors which were Red..White & Blue bands....we had one 20 Ft Hook on the Rig & Jerry took some white paint & painted the large hook head all white ......Vinny Fowler Sr. was our LT & when he saw the 20 footer painted white he asked why .....(at the time Joe Namath had just won the 1969 Super Bowl wearing white Riddel cleats) ..... Jerry told him if Namath can have white cleats then we could have a white 20' hook....the LT looked at me & I was clueless what that relationship could be ? ......always great to be around Jerry .

Chief, "68jk09", my condolences to you and the Brother "Siegal Eagels 108 Group" on the loss of FDNY War Years Ladder Co 108, Brother Jerry Sullivan

Thank FF Sullivan for your Military and FDNY service.

He is now with his Maker, joining his other FDNY War Years Brothers.

May he Rest in Peace

Chief, condolences on your loss. May he Rest in Peace. May his family at home and on Union Avenue be comforted.

Jack, My Deepest Condolences. Had a job on Westchester Ave, probably 1979. 2 story, maybe a catering/mix-occupancy. I’m 26 y/o, working in 48 Truck. Big John Braunagel, 6’5” of him, takes the 20’ hook, turns it around, and vents all the 2nd floor windows. Only time I saw it in action. Corner building, he goes right down the block taking the windows. Someone said recently Big John was the Best Chauffeur he worked with. That’s quite the compliment in the South BX, in the late 70’s. Eddie Roberts, My Chauffeur in Ladder Company 26, was the Best LCC that I had...

RET FF STEVE WHALEN LAD*105.....

I recd this today.... "This is an official announcement of the FDNY Retirees Broward Division. It is with regret, and great sadness, that we announce the death of retired FDNY member and current FDNY Retirees Broward Division President Firefighter Steve Whalen, formerly of L-105, on September 12, 2022.
Please keep Steve, his family, and our brothers in your prayers.
There is no additional information available. No funeral arrangements have been announced.

FDNY Retirees Broward Division
browardctyfdnyretirees@aol.com
www.fdnyretireesbrowarddivision.org "

.....................................................................................................................

Steve was a classmate of my 9-14-68 proby class (along with John Bendick ....Tom Kuefner & 247 other Proby's ) ...we graduated on 10-26-68.....Steve was assigned to 105.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear another alumni of 9-14-68 class is no longer with us. My condolences to his family and Rest In Peace brother.

21 years ago tomorrow I stood honor guard for Pete Ganci, ending his career on the day we started it.

Happy 54th to my 9-14- 68 brothers

RET FF Jerry Sullivan LAD*108...(see reply # 2132 above......

NEW YORK SERVICES.......Wake at O’Connors Funeral Parlor,

91-05 Beach Channel Drive, Rockaway Beach

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 4PM to 8PM

Mass Wednesday September 21, at Holy Innocence Church, Brooklyn, East
17th Street and Beverly Road

9:00 AM. Burial at St Charles Afterwards.