Recent content by GFD70

  1. G

    Durham, NC - Structure Fire w/ LODD 10/8/2026

    https://www.wbtv.com/2026/10/08/firefighter-killed-2-others-hurt-fighting-massive-fire-north-carolina/ https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/durham-county/article317539440.html
  2. G

    Mayday question

    https://www.firehouse.com/technology/article/55090880/mayday-vs-urgent-radio-guidelines Excellent summary by Chief Terpak from Jersey City. Not sure if the FDNY has their own policies. If a member is caught in either of those conditions, it should be transmitted as a mayday. If they are simply...
  3. G

    WTC 9-11 RELATED INFO.

    https://westchester.news12.com/retired-mount-vernon-firefighter-defends-outburst-at-protesters-near-911-anniversary-ceremony
  4. G

    Random Fire House Pictures

    What is the structure attached to the rear of the firehouse? Did another company run out of there?
  5. G

    FDNY Engine 268/Ladder 137

    What is the old bank up the street that the FDNY took over being used for?
  6. G

    Stafford County VA 5/29/26 Five Killed, Dozens Injured in I-95 Multi-Vehicle Crash

    Driving on I-95 in Virginia is like the last lap of the Daytona 500. That stretch has constant MVA's and construction coupled with the high volume of traffic. You gotta keep your head on a swivel for sudden stops.
  7. G

    5/26/26 Yonkers 3rd Alarm

    I didn’t hear of any mutual aid relocating so I don’t think it went to a 3rd.
  8. G

    Blitz Nozzles

    I believe they come standard with 2.5 couplings. Most 3" hose has 2.5" couplings. I'm not sure what the FDNY's 3.5" hose coupling sizes are but they're also probably 2.5" couplings.
  9. G

    100' Rear Mounts

    Manufacturer's will routinely bid on specs even if they can't knowingly meet them completely. Let's say Pierce submitted a bid but limited the warranty to 2 years and couldn't build a stainless-steel cab, the FDNY could still decide to accept their bid with the exceptions outlined in their...
  10. G

    Charlotte, NC FD Fleet Problems

    On the bright side, I see that the CFD has a bunch of orders in with Pierce for engines and ladders. The engine specs have a more northeast style body with side mounted ground ladders which is kind of cool to see in a southern department. I believe they also have a few tillers and mid-mount...
  11. G

    Yonkers - Working Fire 2/4/26

    Date: 2/4/26 Time: ~2000 hours Location: 183 Shonnard Terrace Fire in a private dwelling Relocators: Station 1: NRFD E22, L12, Car 2309 Station 12: Greenville Sq-15, Car 2152 & Eastchester TL17
  12. G

    ABC Question

    Do A.B.C.'s occur because the city won't pay BC's overtime to cover the spot or because no BC's took the overtime?
  13. G

    Yonkers, NY- 4th Alarm 01-17-26

    I believe the orginial fire building is 153 School Street. Full collapse of the original fire building. Extension into Exposure 2, 2A & 4. Relocates: Station 1: NRFD E22 NRFD L12 Station 12: Greenville Sq-15 Eastchester TL-17 Station 13: FDMV E204 FDMV L62 Station 14: Hartsdale E170
  14. G

    New Squad and Mas Service Unit Orders

    Gotta change em up a little so Fire Replica’s can cash in 😆
  15. G

    11/28/25 Bronx 4th Alarm Box 2771

    Helps the chauffer spot the tip of the aerial when setting up around parapets and other obstructions. Also helps when driving if the tip of the aerial extends beyond the edge of the cab.
Back
Top