ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

RET FF WILLIAM C. GARTNER ADMOP.....

On 2-7-04...RET 5-2-97 after 28 yrs OTJ....

Bill was sworn in with me ( & John B. & Tom K. & 247 other proby FFs ) on 9-14-68 & on Graduation 10-26-68 he was assigned to LAD*146....later he transferred to LAD*156 as a FF.

REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES....

Viewing/Visitation: Wednesday 2/14/2024 2 - 5 & 7 - 9 pm
Marine Park Funeral Home
3024 Quentin Road (Bet Marine Pk'wy & East 31st Street)

Funeral Mass: Thursday 2/15/2024 10:00 am
Good Shepherd RC Church
2992 Avenue S [Bet. Batchelder and Brown Streets]

Interment: St. Charles Cemetery
2015 Wellwood Avenue Farmingdale, NY 11735

RET FF WILLIAM C. GARTNER ADMOP.....

On 2-7-04...RET 5-2-97 after 28 yrs OTJ....

Bill was sworn in with me on 9-14-68 & on Graduation 10-26-68 he was assigned to LAD*146....later he transferred to LAD*156 as a FF.

REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES....

Viewing/Visitation: Wednesday 2/14/2024 2 - 5 & 7 - 9 pm
Marine Park Funeral Home
3024 Quentin Road (Bet Marine Pk'wy & East 31st Street)

Funeral Mass: Thursday 2/15/2024 10:00 am
Good Shepherd RC Church
2992 Avenue S [Bet. Batchelder and Brown Streets]

Interment: St. Charles Cemetery
2015 Wellwood Avenue Farmingdale, NY 11735

It is with deep sorrow the UFA announces the passing of FF Bob Beckwith of L164. Bob is one of the heroes of 9/11 who stood tall for America, New York City and all New Yorkers, he spent many hours searching for the members we lost on that fateful day in 2001. A man of true dignity and is beloved by the UFA and the department for all of his sacrifice. Bob was 90 years old.
God bless Bob, his family, and all the members who worked with him at Ladder 164 and Engine 313. May his memory never be forgotten.

I as I have said had the Honor of meeting Bob Beckwith as part of my job as a Peer Counselor for the FDNY World Trade Center Health treatment Program. Back when I was an active FDNY Captain I was often detailed to the U.S. Secret Service whenever the U.S. President or Vice President was in N.Y. City. In that capacity I had the great honor of briefly meeting both President George W. Bush and George H.W. Bush as well as 1st Lady Barbara Bush. I warmed my heart that George W. Bush and Laura Bush we so kind to send a message to the family of Bob Beckwith. Rest In Peace Bob and we will never forget. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired

On 2-18-24 at 77 yrs of age... REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES...... A GREAT FDNY CAREER....RET BC MIKE BURKE BN*35. .....

Mike Burke's wake and funeral
arrangements. Wake Jordan’s Funeral Home Island Park Monday February 26
3-6PM. Reception to follow at EGP Restaurant Island Park 6:30. Funeral
St. Mary of the Isles Long Beach February 27 10AM. Burial St. Charles
Cemetery Farmingdale.

Attachments

• FRevwMAIrWTLBko0BBYN.jpg
    FRevwMAIrWTLBko0BBYN.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
RET FF JOSEPH TETONIC LAD*158 / LAD* 175.....

On 2-23-24 at 82 yrs of age....Joe was a Charter Member of LAD*175 & originally was partners with Howie C. in the Spray Painting company....Joe's Dad, also Joe was a FF in LAD*106.....

REST IN PEACE BROTHER,,,,PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Photo & Obit & Arrangements..... williamlawfh.com/tribute/details/1059/Joseph-Tetonic/obituary.html#tribute-start

From another site:

RETIRED BC WILLIAM CESARK

WILLIAM J. CESARK FF. LAD. 122 APR. 2, 1967 ....1968 DOUGHERTY MEDAL.....

REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (US NAVY) & FDNY.

CHIEF JK

William Cesark became the Captain of Ladder 132 during 1973 and brought some new (at that time) ideas to the house. He had the assigned positions (i.e. roof, irons, can, ov, etc.) rotated so everyone got experience at the different positions. After a job, when we would return to quarters he would have a pot of coffee put on (while we were cleaning the tools and getting ready for the next run) and when the coffee was ready we would gather around the kitchen table and critique the job, discussing what went right and what we could do differently. It took some convincing, but the company came around to his way of thinking. All in all he was a good man.
Rest in Peace, Cap. May your family be comforted.

Last edited:
From another site:

REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (US NAVY) & FDNY.

CHIEF JK

William Cesark became the Captain of Ladder 132 during 1973 and brought some new (at that time) ideas to the house. He had the assigned positions (i.e. roof, irons, can, ov, etc.) rotated so everyone got experience at the different positions. After an job, when we would return to quarters he would have a pot of coffee put on (while we were cleaning the tools and getting ready for the next run) and when the coffee was ready we would gather around the kitchen table and critique the job, discussing what went right and what we could do differently. It took some convincing, but the company came around to his way of thinking. All in all he was a good man.
Bill and I both had places in the Seashore Line Campground outside of Sea Isle City, NJ in the late 1980s / early 1990s. He was working in the Safety Battalion at the time and I was a BC in the 8th Battalion in North Philly. Loved talking to him. RIP Bill!

From another site:

CHIEF JK

William Cesark became the Captain of Ladder 132 during 1973 and brought some new (at that time) ideas to the house. He had the assigned positions (i.e. roof, irons, can, ov, etc.) rotated so everyone got experience at the different positions. After an job, when we would return to quarters he would have a pot of coffee put on (while we were cleaning the tools and getting ready for the next run) and when the coffee was ready we would gather around the kitchen table and critique the job, discussing what went right and what we could do differently. It took some convincing, but the company came around to his way of thinking. All in all he was a good man.
Back then, that meant making a lot of coffee.

^^^^^^^RET FF JAMES J. McGUINESS SQ*252... VIETNAM VETERAN ...On 2-23-24 at 76 yrs of age....Appt 1973 ..RET 2001.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER ....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (USMC VIETNAM ) & FDNY.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RET CPT HAROLD SHAPIRO ENG*74 .....
Capt. Harold Shapiro retired from Eng. 74 in 1993 and passed away in the loving arms of his family at St. Petersburg, Florida on February 23, 2024. Harry was a f/f in Eng. 85, a lieut. in Eng. 39 and capt. of Eng. 74.

May he Rest in Peace and be forever in our hearts.