ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

RET FF WILLIAM DWYER R*4.....I recd this today..... QUOTE..Bill passed away yesterday. He was in Hospice

Viewing will be held on 12/26 at a funeral parlor on Main St. Northport Village . Burial on 12/27.
When I receive more detailed information I will send it out . UNQUOTE.......

REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Ret. Fr. Bryan Chamberlain
E 46-2, E 88-2, E72

I just got word of the passing of Timmy Donovan on 1/5/2024 FF Eng 232 & Lad 176. No Funeral arrangements at this time. Apptd. 9/78 and Ret. 8/1/18.

The wake for Timmy Donovan is at the Werst & LaBella Funeral home located at 71-41 Cooper Ave. on Wed.,1/10/24, from 3-8 PM in Glendale, NY.
The Funeral is Thursday, 1/11, at 0945 to 1030 at Our Lady of Hope Church located at 61-27 71 St.. A gravesite service will be held at 11:00 AM to 11;20 at St. John's Cemetery located at 80-01 Metropolitan Ave.

^^^^^ REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.....I certainly remember Timmy from running in with BMA 232 & he drove me when I was Covering in 176 & in later yrs he was working in DV*15...... Arrangements & photo collection.... https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/glendale-ny/timothy-donovan-11614766
R.I.P. SIR.....
I am wondering if the black BMA armband that l put up on the wall is still hanging in 319s kitchen. I got it from a legend Benny Zvierko who came to 319 when 232 was closed. There was only one Benny Z...

Being there first hand I don't remember a black armband, but we had a red one with 232 on it, which I still have, when we took the Brooklyn Bridge for the first time ever. It truly showed how united the Brothers were back then. To 176 it was like losing a family member that we had lived with for 15 years. We had plenty of good times and some hard times and from what I know it was probably the best integration of an Engine and Truck. 232 welcomed us with open arms and the rest is History. I believe the amount of work we were subjected to during the war years kept us close to each other, everybody had each others back. We usually came back from a job and critiqued it together. The engine said truck work was dumb and we told them anybody could drag a hose line to a fire and put it out. No smarts needed there. In retrospect it was truly the best time of my life. Anybody that doesn't think it was the best job in the world, would truly be mistaken.

Being there first hand I don't remember a black armband, but we had a red one with 232 on it, which I still have, when we took the Brooklyn Bridge for the first time ever. It truly showed how united the Brothers were back then. To 176 it was like losing a family member that we had lived with for 15 years. We had plenty of good times and some hard times and from what I know it was probably the best integration of an Engine and Truck. 232 welcomed us with open arms and the rest is History. I believe the amount of work we were subjected to during the war years kept us close to each other, everybody had each others back. We usually came back from a job and critiqued it together. The engine said truck work was dumb and we told them anybody could drag a hose line to a fire and put it out. No smarts needed there. In retrospect it was truly the best time of my life. Anybody that doesn't think it was the best job in the world, would truly be mistaken.
I stand corrected. It was red with 232 on it. It's been so long

It is with regret the passing of retired
LT. HANK BANKER. E 319 which occurred on Monday Jan 15th. 2024. Hank was a FF at
E 234 and L 123. He was promoted to Lt. and assigned to L 20 and then transferred to
E 319 until he retired.

Hank will be viewed at Hilderbrand Funeral located at 6317 Woodhaven Blvd on
Friday Jan 19th from 3pm to 9pm.
Funeral on Sat. Jan 20th at Middle Village crematory on Mt. Olivet Cresent off Metropolitan Ave.

RET LT ANTHONY "SONNY" CATALDO SQ*1 ......
On 1-16-24 at 90 yrs of age....Appt 1962 ...RET 3-95 after 33 yrs OTJ...Sonny was a FF in ENG*226 & a Charter Member LT of BKLYN's SQ*1......Sonny in SQ*1 was in the same Groups I was in while in R*2......countless Fires together thru the years.......

REST IN PEACE BROTHER...... PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.....

Photo & Obit. & Arrangements....

nfwalkerfh.com/tribute/details/1564/Anthony-Cataldo/obituary.html#tribute-start

Last edited: