Old pics of Uncle Willy

A guy named Johnny Gage found this old picture of Uncle Willy and an unknown accomplice back in the day when they were still on the job . . .

3.jpg

Norwich ― Officials on Friday night were still trying to coax a bear down from a tree after it wandered into a shopping plaza.

Police said that at approximately 3:46 p.m. they were dispatched to the East Great Plain shopping plaza off Salem Turnpike after receiving numerous calls of a bear behind the McDonald’s restaurant, Officer Brandon Wisniewski said.

He said state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection personnel were attempting to convince the animal to get down and go back into the woods.

As of 8:10 p.m., the bear was still in the tree and police remained on the scene. The DEEP, though, had left to go on another call, according to police.

"The bear is expected to remain in the tree until it can safely move to nearby areas of refuge when people are no longer present," DEEP Spokesman Will Healey said just before 9 p.m. Friday night.

Police are barring vehicles and pedestrians from entering the plaza.

Can you imagine?? Now Willy D has to worry about bears at his favorite Mickey D's. What is the world coming to??

Norwich ― Officials on Friday night were still trying to coax a bear down from a tree after it wandered into a shopping plaza.

Police said that at approximately 3:46 p.m. they were dispatched to the East Great Plain shopping plaza off Salem Turnpike after receiving numerous calls of a bear behind the McDonald’s restaurant, Officer Brandon Wisniewski said.

He said state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection personnel were attempting to convince the animal to get down and go back into the woods.

As of 8:10 p.m., the bear was still in the tree and police remained on the scene. The DEEP, though, had left to go on another call, according to police.

"The bear is expected to remain in the tree until it can safely move to nearby areas of refuge when people are no longer present," DEEP Spokesman Will Healey said just before 9 p.m. Friday night.

Police are barring vehicles and pedestrians from entering the plaza.

Can you imagine?? Now Willy D has to worry about bears at his favorite Mickey D's. What is the world coming to??
There isn't a bear in the universe who wants to tangle with a hungry Willy D!

Yes Mr Gage, you are correct. That menu and prices DO bring tears to my eyes

Regarding that bear in a tree, that is a true story
I took it in and told the authorities all he wants is a Big Mac or two
Of course they didn’t listen to me and he stayed up in that tree about another 4-5 hours

If they had taken my advice everybody could have left with a big smile on their face
I know that big bear sure would have had a big smile on his face too

Last edited: