AUTOMATED CAMERA ENFORCEMENT.

Got Me a Dam Red-Light Ticket Down in Gulfport, FL (St. Pete) a few years back...

I was All-Set to Swear before His Honor that it 'Was Yellow when I Went-Thru, Judge'.

I was In Court, Ready to go... I watched 3 Cases Before Mine Nailed Dead-to-Rights by
Cameras/Timing/GPS Tech. Then came My Turn - When Your Honor asked - 'How do you plead?'
I thought about saying - 'Insanity', but very quickly the Word 'Guilty' came out of my mouth. (TG!)
I was Ordered to Pay a Fine & sent on my Merry Way. Dam Technology Anyway ! :rolleyes:

Cameras WORK.
I recently witnessed an accident with injuries to a mother, father, and their child, that was hit by a car going through a red light fled the scene.

When the police officer arrived I told him I saw it happen and I was a witness.
Turns out, they didn't need my statement.
It was all filmed on camera and the offending driver was arrested.

Got Me a Dam Red-Light Ticket Down in Gulfport, FL (St. Pete) a few years back...

I was All-Set to Swear before His Honor that it 'Was Yellow when I Went-Thru, Judge'.

I was In Court, Ready to go... I watched 3 Cases Before Mine Nailed Dead-to-Rights by
Cameras/Timing/GPS Tech. Then came My Turn - When Your Honor asked - 'How do you plead?'
I thought about saying - 'Insanity', but very quickly the Word 'Guilty' came out of my mouth. (TG!)
I was Ordered to Pay a Fine & sent on my Merry Way. Dam Technology Anyway ! :rolleyes:
If it provides any comfort; like a state income tax, red-light cameras are banned in Texas.

Years ago, Charlotte, NC installed both red light and speed cameras. Let's make the roads safer, Then some lawyer found a section of state laws that required the fines to go into the general fund, rather than to the city. Suddenly, the cameras were gone. But what about making the roads safer?

Years ago, Charlotte, NC installed both red light and speed cameras. Let's make the roads safer, Then some lawyer found a section of state laws that required the fines to go into the general fund, rather than to the city. Suddenly, the cameras were gone. But what about making the roads safer?
Having lived in Chicago I know all about these thieving pieces of technology. After all the bribes and kick-backs were taken care of they were installed. They got me on an infraction in a school zone, thing was it was during the Christmas vacation. Hundred dollar ticket. After the newspapers looked into this money grabbing system they found out the cameras were set to less than a second, instead of 3-4 seconds. I could appeal it but I had to go back to the courts in Chicago. But there was one good thing about this, people ended up doing substantial jail time, Federal jail time!

The State of Texas made red light cameras illegal for two reasons:

- It is flagrantly Un-American!

- Analysis of red light cameras' performance showed that their use decreased the incidence of intersection T- bone accidents...but it greatly increased the number of rear-end accidents caused by people frantically trying to avoid a certain ticket and the dumbass right behind who was just sure they were gonna run the red. Accident lawyers were joyful, but the voters were not pleased.

-

And NYC /NYS just approved lowering the city speed limit to 20mph. totally ridiculous, more red light camera infraction …more money for the city , just a simple money grab . unregistered E-bikes and scoter little,or no enforcement!
Absolutely! Just looking at the 2nd alarm fire in Brooklyn yesterday one of these things started a fire that blocked the only stairway. Fortunately no one was killed and the FDNY members did a great job of making sure this wasn't a major loss of life. The anti gun mutts want to make every restriction possible for law abiding citizens but when it comes to these batteries that can take out an entire building its ok.