Oh Those Busy Fourth of Julys

As we get ready to celebrate July 4th, 2024, I think back to my days of buffing the FDNY.
The FOURTH OF JULY night was the BUSIEST Night of the year for the FDNY.

The Firefighters, as well as the FDNY Dispatchers, did an AMAZING JOB as the evening hours began.

From those very busy FDNY War Years and even into the 1980s/90s.

It was an experience that could only be fully appreciated and understood by those who were there.

Please have a Safe and Happy FOURTH OF JULY whether on the road, in the air, at home, or in the firehouse.

As we get ready to celebrate July 4th, 2024, I think back to my days of buffing the FDNY.
The FOURTH OF JULY night was the BUSIEST Night of the year for the FDNY.

The Firefighters, as well as the FDNY Dispatchers, did an AMAZING JOB as the evening hours began.

From those very busy FDNY War Years and even into the 1980s/90s.

It was an experience that could only be fully appreciated and understood by those who were there.

Please have a Safe and Happy FOURTH OF JULY whether on the road, in the air, at home, or in the firehouse.
I live vicariously through DVD’s and audio on YouTube that took place on 7/4

Thank you "DaveReinstein".
Perhaps you could list some of those FDNY Fourth of July DVDs for the members who may want to purchase some.

Also, there are several you tube videos that show what it was like.

I'm young to remember it..
When was the busy night? Like tonight the 3rd into the 4th or tomorrow night? Or it was depending on what day of the week it was?

The highest amount of fire activity was actually on July 4th which picked up just as the Fourth of July fireworks ended.

See page 4 of this topic for several videos and audios of Fourth of July's in New York City

Last edited: