News of Members

Congratulations to this site member Phil D., aka "Lebby", on his promotion to PARAMEDIC within the FDNY/EMS.

After completing 10 1/2 months, or about 214 days of fulltime training, "Lebby" will be hitting the streets of the South Bronx saving lives on a daily basis.

THANK YOU "Lebby" for the job you do.

Thank you very much "Signal73"

"Lebby" is standing next to the Commissioner at todays "promotional ceremonies".

You can watch todays Promotional Ceremony by going to you tube title:
"Fire Commissioner Laura Kavanagh presides at FDNY EMS Promotion Ceremony".

The ceremony actually begins around the 13 minute mark and last about 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Our member Phil D., aka "Lebby" is seen around the 55 minute mark.

CONGRADULATIONS TO ALL THOSE FDNY/EMS MEMBERS BEING PROMOTED TODAY.

Last edited:
I would just like to add, "those of us who know Phil personally, know that he is A CREDIT TO HIS GENERATION.
A young man that many of us see as an upcoming Leader within the Emergency Service of the City of New York, just so long as he stays on track.

So Mr Lebby, I think you got a lot of guys out there rooting for you.
Being honest with you, I don't say this to too many young people today - BUT - "I consider it an HONOR to know you and have you as a friend".

*** NOTE - "is that the way you wanted me to say it "Lebby" ?
Just kidding of course - LOL.

I would just like to add, "those of us who know Phil personally, know that he is A CREDIT TO HIS GENERATION.
A young man that many of us see as an upcoming Leader within the Emergency Service of the City of New York, just so long as he stays on track.

So Mr Lebby, I think you got a lot of guys out there rooting for you.
Being honest with you, I don't say this to too many young people today - BUT - "I consider it an HONOR to know you and have you as a friend".

*** NOTE - "is that the way you wanted me to say it "Lebby" ?
Just kidding of course - LOL.
You couldn’t have said it better Willy. Phil is an amazing young man who truly loves what he does and does what he loves. He will go far in whatever path he chooses.

63 Paramedics, 46 Lieutenants, two Captains, and one Division Chief were promoted Thursday at a promotion ceremony in Brooklyn.
“As leaders in this Department, you set the example for others to follow in your footsteps. You understand that leadership transcends knowledge on knowing the right course of action every day. It entails being a role model, a mentor, a confidant, and a source of inspiration to those around you. Your guidance will shape our future EMTS and guarantee their success,” said Fire Commissioner Laura Kavanagh.
“Advancing in the ranks means more responsibility; you are the decision makers and the role models, and you are the team leader. Your people watch you and see what you do and, maybe more importantly, they see what you don’t do. Set the example and lead in the right direction,” said Acting Chief of Department John Esposito.
“These individuals embody qualities such as integrity, intellect, compassion and resilience, which are essential traits in the field of the emergency medical service. As they transition into their new roles, they are positioned to shape the direction of FDNY EMS in a positive fashion,”said Chief of EMS Operations Michael Fields.
Congratulations to all the promoted members!
"Click X" https://www.facebook.com/FDNY?__cft__[0]=AZW4RSGhDzlN-3eeSGE2x3o_ItObb_bS-lMjbPKkaNF_ItyFNv3NzpYk40w1J61DK7CRkqnhO5rUCA31q4yDUOIo0tWA9-IWmoPnPCgWRkJyUr5AghaYEWVdeGUD8NvSJdcFgNGXH4S3yMxbWe3_77HH6SFTKO2RYdlUijccChieEwxbvy0n0_ZrUjvDUPdh6pHKMuwZc0z_-qclcckozsqU&__tn__=<,P-R

Geez, I probably don't know anyone who was promoted. Been out 15 years come September.

That's okay "memorymaster", you paid your dues - that for sure.
BUT - it's nice to know that we still have people who like you, are out there saving lives as the Great Tradition Continues.

Oh, and let's not forget "johnnyGage" as I think he put some time in with NYC EMS too ..... ????