6/20/24 Bronx 4th Alarm Box 2297

RCL

I'm not saying what happened was right or wrong in this instance, but apparently this driver has a habit of parking in front of Hydrants. Apparently he owes close to 10,000 in fines fornhydrant violations.

I'm not saying what happened was right or wrong in this instance, but apparently this driver has a habit of parking in front of Hydrants. Apparently he owes close to 10,000 in fines fornhydrant violations.

FAFO

I just took a peek at NYS Penal Codes, NYPD should have probably arrested this guy a while ago.

Section: 1202 (a)3b Parked within 15ft of a Fire Hydrant
Section: 1217 Parked within 1000ft of a Fire Scene
Section 205 Sub 5: Misuse, unlawful disposal of uniform traffic summons (Assuming if he never bothered showing up to court if he was required to appear)

He owes $9,255.28 in fines dating back to 2023.

For 1202 (a)3b alone, the DM article says he's been cited 33 times, average fine amount is $115. So $3797 alone from just one penal code.

There also is a NY State Law that prohibits entering a BLOCK where fire operations are going on. I no longer remember the Section number of this law. Perhaps one of our Police brothers knows the Section and exact wording of this law? We had great problems with traffic entering the fire block when I worked in both Manhattan and the Bronx. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired

^^^^^ I don't remember the number but that was definitely on the books & was useful.

There also is a NY State Law that prohibits entering a BLOCK where fire operations are going on. I no longer remember the Section number of this law. Perhaps one of our Police brothers knows the Section and exact wording of this law? We had great problems with traffic entering the fire block when I worked in both Manhattan and the Bronx. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired
I believe that might be Section 1217. Parked within 1000' of a Fire Scene.

The section you quoted is correct, thank you. But what I was talking about is the law prohibits vehicle from entering the BLOCK where fire operations are in progress. I used this law a few times when I was a Lieutenant and later Captain in Midtown Manhattan. The law was designed to make illegal vehicles from even entering the block where fire operations we ongoing. Often, we could also site the section of the law that required drivers to comply with the orders of a "person authorized to direct traffic." FDNY uniform members are Peace Officers under N.Y. State Law,
Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired