Hurricane Debby Response

45 members of FEMA's Virginia Task Force 2 (Newport News, Hampton, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, etc.) deployed Sunday, Aug 4 to stage on Columbia, SC to assist in recovery from Hurricane Debby.
Tennessee Task Force 2 deployed to Florida, members from Nashville, Franklin and Brentwood Fire went down yesterday

RCL

Fl TF 3 from the Tampa area is headed to Sarasota FL and TF 4 from Orl area is headed north to GA or the Carolinas. I forget which

The IMT and TF 1 are separate entities
Yes I am aware of that but FEMA tries share the missions and deployments to various assets and agencies within the entire response system within reason. Also serves to keep readiness, experience and member interest up among the various teams.

RCL

How come NY TF1 has not gone?
The Fl TF have been in standby since before the storm so they got the call first. Then looking at the storms track, NY may have been on or near the track so there leaving them for NY and the surrounding areas. If I had to guess there probably not far from getting a call to go somewhere.

my grandsons us army unit from ft bragg were activated to assist near the coast.
told him since rivers lakes and ponds have overflowed to be safe and lookout for alligators.