1/13/22: Norwich, CT- Working house fire

Norwich FD responded to a working kitchen fire on 13th Street in the Greenville Section of Norwich. Mutual aid from Mohegan Tribal FD (FAST) and several Norwich volunteer departments. Seven residents and three pets were displaced due to the fire and resulting smoke. Our own Willy D would have dashed in to save one of the cats. Norwich has been very busy recently resulting in a downturn from Willy's orders at Mickey D's.

mack

Administrator
John - Mohegan Tribal FD provides mutual aid frequently to surrounding departments. They are a paid department and probably have a lot of EMS and fire prevention activity due to the entertainment facilities and large number of guests - in addition to fire responses and mutual aid. It looks like they have 10 members on duty per shift and can staff a combination of 2 engines and/or hazmat and/or EMS ambulances and medic vehicles.

MT 2.jpg

M 1.jpg

MT 3.jpg

mack

Administrator
There appears to be no ladder apparatus in the department even though Mohegan Sun has many tall structures and facilities..

1642191934897.png

I happened to be first due - Guys and Gals working that day were aggressive and all in position during this job!

They worked like lions....Glad to be able to work with them!

be safe
MVS

Lt Mark S, aka "nfdcanman", is one of those guys who benefited from "My Younger Buff Days" of the FDNY.

Yea, what my friends of the FDNY taught me from watching and talking to you during those very busy years, I did my best to try and pass it onto our younger members and Probies.

But as I remember, it sure wasn't easy at all for then Probie, "nfdcanman" on his first day.
Just ask Nycfire.net member "scarter" here, who was his Lt at the time.

Love Ya Brother "nfdcanman". ;)