1/15/09 Manhattan Box 868 - 10-60

FDNY220122 said:
raybrag said:
Here's the latest in tow boats . . . I think it's Marine 1, perhaps someone can confirm or correct this . . . easing the plane to Battery Park:
gal_plane25.jpg

That is in fact Marine 1

Training for it's after FD life. How ironic, once the new boats come in the McKean is set to become to a tug boat.

F

firekid52a

Yff3110 said:
Does anybody know whether any NJ FD's were dispatched due to it crashing between NY and NJ?

im pretty sure wehawakin was there

firekid52a said:
Yff3110 said:
Does anybody know whether any NJ FD's were dispatched due to it crashing between NY and NJ?

im pretty sure wehawakin was there

watching the channel 5 news at 10 i noticed north hudson apparutes in the background when they where interving a ferry worker. i saw squad 7,msu/saftey and their rescue so im assuming they responded with a working fire assignment

How many divers from FD was involved in rescue Hudson river, Who can tell that. Best regard Peter

great job by all concerned with the info. When I got home I was informed by my wife of the incident, I immediately went to scan america and this site. Lots of timely and factual info. Again Kudos for a greaat job getting the info out. :)Grumpy Grizzly

New pictures of the downed airliner:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/Miracle-on-Hudsons-Aftermath-in-Pictures-58683342.html

Looking back at the response and noticed that 2 collapse rigs responded. I know the rescue company's have there own boats but what would a collapse rig offer in a water rescue

hawaiifiveo said:
Looking back at the response and noticed that 2 collapse rigs responded. I know the rescue company's have there own boats but what would a collapse rig offer in a water rescue

At a guess im thinking that Collapse Rescue is on a 10-60 response regardless of incident and wouldn't have any water rescue gear. Im not sure if Rescues deployed their boats on this incident as there was so many boats operating anyway

I Remember flying into JFK the following day and getting a little nervous as we came into land lol

I bet. One of the rescue companies did launch a boat and another was responding on a marine unit and they said they were 30min out thats s long time just ssying

1.1 Each ice/cold water rescue company is issued the following equipment along with two gear bags. Each set of gear is intended for the Primary and Secondary rescue teams. The bags are large enough to hold one complete set of gear for each rescue team including one PFD.
ITEM QUANTITY
Binoculars-waterproof Megaphone
Stretcher ? stainless steel Stretcher ? lifting bridle Stretcher ? flotation collar Lifting bridal ? Carabineer Cold Water Suit (CWS) Turtle fins (set)
Mask 2
Snorkel
Survival knife Personal strobe light Waterproof flashlight Ice awls (set)
Water rescue torpedo
Tether rope 200 feet
Rope reel
Small carabineer
Large carabineer (Ice Rescue) Flotation sling
1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2