1/18/2012 All Hands Bronx Box 2395

This has been a busy neighborhood the last couple of days. Even giving the busy 15th a run for their money.

squarewheels said:
does the 15th do legit fire duty?  or just the 17,18,19 and 27

"squarewheels", I have ALWAYS been a Big fan of the 17, 18, 19, and 27 Batts. But over the last few years take a look on this site for the Working Fires in the Bronx. The 15th Batt has picked up in work almost overnight. That Northeast part of the Bronx has been seeing plenty of action.

This is not to take away from some of those other busy battalions throughout the city. Only talking the Bronx now.

JSG

There has been a feeling among some Bronx FF's that the 15th see's mostly PD's..ie: small buildings = small fires.  The other Batt's mentioned have mostly large H type buildings in their area's.  The idea being big buildings = big fires.  Its not much more than playful banter among proud Firefighters.

Not sure why one.would slander a busy battalion whether it be a large H or a taxpayer or a private dwelling, I can assure you the work.that the 15th has been doing over the past few years is totally legit! I work in the 15th battalion and have been to plenty of the work! We have great companies up north and the battalion has been one of the busiest in the city for the last couple of years as far as fire duty goes! No need to step on another battalion because you have your favorites!

It's all good my friend, just defending the 15th and the companies within it! Got a lot of bosses trying to get in up north, must be for a reason! Have fun with the slandering, won't really change anything!

Anyone have the audio for any of these 17th battalion jobs in the past week besides the 2nd alarm on 167 and cromwell????

In the not to distant past, I worked south of the North Bronx.  Some places promoted the idea that companies in the 15th- "gave 10-75's for FOS or mattress fires".  Implication being that the work up top was less than legit.  Any photos or videos I saw never gave me that impression.  On top of that, the population in the NB mirrors the population of another job hotspot- Flatbush.  I see it more as jealousy than anything factual.  And, though not in the 1-5 administratively, I'd say that 62&32 probably does as much 1st, 2nd due work as anyone in the city.

scoobyd said:
  In the not to distant past, I worked south of the North Bronx.  Some places promoted the idea that companies in the 15th- "gave 10-75's for FOS or mattress fires".  Implication being that the work up top was less than legit.  Any photos or videos I saw never gave me that impression.  On top of that, the population in the NB mirrors the population of another job hotspot- Flatbush.  I see it more as jealousy than anything factual.  And, though not in the 1-5 administratively, I'd say that 62&32 probably does as much 1st, 2nd due work as anyone in the city.
  You are correct, scoobyd