10/19/2021 Staten Island 2nd Alarm Box 1912

On the topic of additional squads, I wonder why they don't make the 4 Haz-Tech engines into squads. That would give the city 12 squads. Sure, the squads wouldn't be as busy, but you'd get a squad to most scenes even faster. Plus, less relocating except in rare instances. Just a thought....

Are there certain companies that normally do not relocate? I know E151 is a must-fill company (after 30 mins?) but is TL76? Thought they were but maybe wrong. Don’t see them relocate often and in this case even called into the job.

Maybe in the past dispatchers just try not to relocate 76 out of Tottenville but if need be (activity of other companies on island) they could and do.

Just looking at the gaps on the map, I'd put an engine and truck on SI near the mall. If I were to put another Squad somewhere, I'd do it in this gap in Midwood. SQ1 would probably still go to SI, but would get relief not having to go to the southern end of Brooklyn.

View attachment 15014
Unfortunately the powers to be more than likely will not open up any new companies anytime soon.