10-92 signal

From FDNY "Regulations For The Uniformed Force"

Telegraph Signal 9-2: To advise the dispatcher of a false alarm, the officer of the company first to arrive shall send from the box signal 9-2, followed by the number of the box.

At least one engine company and one ladder company shall remain at the box until the 9-2 signal has been sent and the acknowledgement signal 2-3 received. Should the dispatcher desire to redirect the companies, he will answer a 9-2 signal as provided in the explanation of signal 4-5.

I recall that decades ago the Baltimore City FD required that one company was required to standby at a street box false alarm (Signal 30) for ten minutes.....just in case someone wanted to come back and apologize.

From FDNY "Regulations For The Uniformed Force"

Telegraph Signal 9-2: To advise the dispatcher of a false alarm, the officer of the company first to arrive shall send from the box signal 9-2, followed by the number of the box.

At least one engine company and one ladder company shall remain at the box until the 9-2 signal has been sent and the acknowledgement signal 2-3 received. Should the dispatcher desire to redirect the companies, he will answer a 9-2 signal as provided in the explanation of signal 4-5.

I recall that decades ago the Baltimore City FD required that one company was required to standby at a street box false alarm (Signal 30) for ten minutes.....just in case someone wanted to come back and apologize.
I bet they loved that. What a waste of time. Arrest eminent? Ha.