12/12/12 New Haven CT 73 Box XXXX (2nd Fire of the afternoon)

Box 901. Fire in the walls and through the roof of a 3-story wood-frame OMD. 1 L/S/O w/quick k/d.

NHFD Engine 5, Engine 11A, and West Haven FD going in for M/A cover.

15:09hrs. - Car 33(East Battalion Chief) reporting fire is u/c.

This year New Haven....., Connecticuts Third Largest City, appears to have caught the most working fires for the year (2012). Although 2012 is not finished yet, they appear to be the city catching the most working fires.

Last month, New Haven had a total of 13 Workers, almost double that of Bridgeport (Cts largest City) and Hartford (2nd largest). During Bridgeports time of heavy fire duty back in the 1980s, they were doing roughly 25-30 jobs a month.

And based on what we here in Connecticut consider a working fire, it means at least one line stretched and operating within a building. Basically at least an ALL HANDS FIRE.

nfd2004 said:
This year New Haven....., Connecticuts Third Largest City, appears to have caught the most working fires for the year (2012). Although 2012 is not finished yet, they appear to be the city catching the most working fires.

Last month, New Haven had a total of 13 Workers, almost double that of Bridgeport (Cts largest City) and Hartford (2nd largest). During Bridgeports time of heavy fire duty back in the 1980s, they were doing roughly 25-30 jobs a month.

And based on what we here in Connecticut consider a working fire, it means at least one line stretched and operating within a building. Basically at least an ALL HANDS FIRE.

THANK YOU WILLY D SIR for the info! I was at both 2nd alarms

SoHoTruckin20 said:
nfd2004 said:

And Thank "you" SoHo for what you contribute to this site. I know you and I had a little incident awhile back. But I'd like to push that aside and begin to appreciate each other as members of this site. Although there's many years between us, we both have the same interest. That of the FDNY, and the Fire Service in general.

So Brad with that said, maybe we can show the world, by our example, the way things "SHOULD BE".

nfd2004 said:
SoHoTruckin20 said:
nfd2004 said:

And Thank "you" SoHo for what you contribute to this site. I know you and I had a little incident awhile back. But I'd like to push that aside and begin to appreciate each other as members of this site. Although there's many years between us, we both have the same interest. That of the FDNY, and the Fire Service in general.

So Brad with that said, maybe we can show the world, by our example, the way things "SHOULD BE".

You got it Sir and I thank you.... Wish I got to meet you at the 2nd Alarm  yet im not to sure if I would of reconized you or not lol