2/6/10 Manhattan 10-75 Box 976 All Hands 2nd Alarm

Address: 326 East 65th St

Fire in a MD fire extending to the floor above.

E-39,44,8,22
L-16,2,13
B-8,10
R-1
Sq-18
D-3
Rac-1

2nd Alarm @ 07:36
E-21,23,53,9
L-7,43
B-11,9
Sat-1
FC-1
Tac-1
R.B
S.B
Car-10

Extra 2 Trucks @ 08:00
Ladder 24 & Tower Ladder 21

Relocates:
Batt. 4 act. Batt. 8
Lad. 8 act. Lad. 24
Lad. 11 act. Lad. 2

Someone please get a more accurate rundown...that is way off.  BFD take a break until your information becomes accurate....

hey bro i do the best i can i was sleepin so i missed it...and what do you post...nothing?...so get of my Sh*t

sorry i don't tape this stuff so i can go back to it like most of the people..i do the best i can  sorry i don't go ballz to the wallz on this stuff like you chief

It is what it is  is right. 

Just some constructive criticism . Get ALL the facts correct b4 posting. If you missed some of the dispatch, or rundown, let it go and don't post anything. People want to read accurate posts. Otherwise your doing fine.

bfd,
    I agree, your post are better than nothing. You are doing a great job and keep it up.
Rob

rdm258 said:
bfd,
    I agree, your post are better than nothing. You are doing a great job and keep it up.
Rob

I also Agree there bfd. Thanks for your post.

Its constructive criticism.  If you aren't sure post 'my guess would be' or 'probable rundown'...when it's not accurate you throw everyone off.  I don't listen to the scanners all the time nor am I a dispatcher.  I just simply don't have the time and thats why I come here.  So I can gain accurate and good information.  I know for a fact you missed at least 3 units on that box.  I'm not putting you down bro so don't take it that way. 

On a side note....Anyone have the rundown of the job a few blocks north of there the following night?  Lexingtown and 73?

Then do what everyone else does and make the correction to help me like if i put engine 39 and it should of been engine 93 tell me and ill be glad to change it!

How about this?? Just a suggestion FROM A DISPATCHER, and a buff. Why not just put the box number, location, and units normally first due. Have everyone else fill in the blanks. Secondly, why not just put All Hands, or 2nd Alarm instead of 10-75, all hands, 2nd alarm on the same line?? Just some friendly suggestions. While you're at it, stop being so defensive. You show off that you are a true youngin.

Hey bfdyoungin0252

Relax, don't take things so personal. You are doing fine. Just keep at it.

If you haven't done so already, try to read up on everything that can assist you in posting job's.

i.e  maybe get a map of the 5 boro's, (study it) ask any good dispatcher, they know their boro like the back of there hand.
    A couple great websites list where all the units are, and even where the box is located/ Street address.

Also ,if you listen to multi boro's at the same time, that can cause some confusion with high radio traffic.

Hope some stuff helps.

Ciao,
Michael

FictionFF said:
Hey bfdyoungin0252

Relax, don't take things so personal. You are doing fine. Just keep at it.

If you haven't done so already, try to read up on everything that can assist you in posting job's.

i.e   maybe get a map of the 5 boro's, (study it) ask any good dispatcher, they know their boro like the back of there hand.
     A couple great websites list where all the units are, and even where the box is located/ Street address.

Also ,if you listen to multi boro's at the same time, that can cause some confusion with high radio traffic.

Hope some stuff helps.

Ciao,
Michael
Regarding maps: Remember that there are areas of the city that look one way on a printed map yet are totally different when you're on the ground. For example: Harlem (Morningside Hts.), Washington Hts., Inwood, and the western Bronx (Concourse, Highbridge, Morris Hts. Fordham Hill, Kingsbridge, Riverdale) have hills and ridges where streets appear to go straight through on the map but are actually cut-off to motor vehicle traffic. Some have stairs leading from one level to another but you can't drive through. Knowing that is very important when you're trying to figure out which unit(s)  will get there first, second third or not at all. I know in today's world it's not as safe as when I was coming up but if you can, I recommend that you travel throughout the city and see for yourself. ;)

[/quote] Regarding maps: Remember that there are areas of the city that look one way on a printed map yet are totally different when you're on the ground. For example: Harlem (Morningside Hts.), Washington Hts., Inwood, and the western Bronx (Concourse, Highbridge, Morris Hts. Fordham Hill, Kingsbridge, Riverdale) have hills and ridges where streets appear to go straight through on the map but are actually cut-off to motor vehicle traffic. Some have stairs leading from one level to another but you can't drive through. Knowing that is very important when you're trying to figure out which unit(s)  will get there first, second third or not at all. I know in today's world it's not as safe as when I was coming up but if you can, I recommend that you travel throughout the city and see for yourself. ;)
[/quote]

I can't tell you how many 1,000 times I looked at my NYC 5 Boro Atlas going to buff a job, saw the huge column of smoke and just thought it was a straight shot across ...........Street. Next thing I'm about ten blocks south trying to get to the job. And I would spend hours studying those maps on how to get around, espically the above neighborhoods. Looking at a map really doesn't tell the true picture of the fastest way to certain neighborhoods.