3/30/22 Queens 3rd Alarm Box 4374

when 124 is relocated and SC on the 3rd alarm its more th IC clears the front of the building for them and moves the two 1st due aerial ladders our of the way....

There is also Car 421 & Car 422 which can get activated. There are predetermined DC for each tour for each car. For instance today Car 421 is the DC from the 6th. Car 422 is the DC from the 13th. If the Bronx or Manhattan gets a large multiple they might take the chief from the 13th into Car 422 and make him a acting command chief and then put a ADC in the 13th.
Great info, thank you. Quick point of clarification: when a Deputy gets activated for C421 or C422, is this for the purpose of assuming the citywide command chief role (I assume in your example whoever is the citywide chief is tied up at the multiple), or are they becoming basically a spare Division in those cars?

Great info, thank you. Quick point of clarification: when a Deputy gets activated for C421 or C422, is this for the purpose of assuming the citywide command chief role (I assume in your example whoever is the citywide chief is tied up at the multiple), or are they becoming basically a spare Division in those cars?
They are assuming the role of Citywide command chief.

any TL on the 1st alarm gets position. thats the job. if its a 3rd alarm or 6th due truck gonna take the ICs help for room. we get it you guys love those companies.

any TL on the 1st alarm gets position. thats the job. if its a 3rd alarm or 6th due truck gonna take the ICs help for room. we get it you guys love those companies.
I don’t know where you work, but all the aggressive Tower Ladders move hose lines, move other rigs and make their own way to a good spot. They’re not just parking and waiting for the IC to help them out.

I don’t know why you’re so bothered by this comment. Unaggressive TL’s show up to a box and make minimal effort to get a good spot. #Facts
truer words have never been spoken! The art of using a tower ladder… has for the most part been lost. Both for aggressive interior opps and aggressive defense ops . Aggressive interior ops …the bucket to the widow for VES ,not just used for a “ elevator ride“ to the roof or an observation post . Aggressive defensive ops…the bucket operating low in the window aggressive working the stang….moving it , driving the stream up into the ceiling /cockloft , moving form window to window ….floor to floor! Keep the bucket moving , keep the stang moving ! Just like the nozzle man keeps the line & nozzle moving ! At a taxpayer or commercial…the bucket on the side walk …or down low , driving the stream Up into the cockloft ….using the stream to hydrology over haul the building. Pushing materials outof the way . Not just going as high as possible , shooting water down on the building or the roof …..that the fire hasn’t burned though yet ! Yes I’ve seen it !!

The job has even designed the rig to be less efficient….raised cabs , hi side compartments…all reduces the scrub areas of the tower ladder. The Tower ladder was made and built for the FDNY and we perfected its aggressive operations …and now it seams its been lost. I’ve even seen Chiefs that don’t understand the true function and proper uses of TL ….The way it designed and and fine tuned over many years ….especially during the “war years“.

truer words have never been spoken! The art of using a tower ladder… has for the most part been lost. Both for aggressive interior opps and aggressive defense ops . Aggressive interior ops …the bucket to the widow for VES ,not just used for a “ elevator ride“ to the roof or an observation post . Aggressive defensive ops…the bucket operating low in the window aggressive working the stang….moving it , driving the stream up into the ceiling /cockloft , moving form window to window ….floor to floor! Keep the bucket moving , keep the stang moving ! Just like the nozzle man keeps the line & nozzle moving ! At a taxpayer or commercial…the bucket on the side walk …or down low , driving the stream Up into the cockloft ….using the stream to hydrology over haul the building. Pushing materials outof the way . Not just going as high as possible , shooting water down on the building or the roof …..that the fire hasn’t burned though yet ! Yes I’ve seen it !!

The job has even designed the rig to be less efficient….raised cabs , hi side compartments…all reduces the scrub areas of the tower ladder. The Tower ladder was made and built for the FDNY and we perfected its aggressive operations …and now it seams its been lost. I’ve even seen Chiefs that don’t understand the true function and proper uses of TL ….The way it designed and and fine tuned over many years ….especially during the “war years“.
Well Said. The Tower Ladder is not used the way it was designed to be used. I have seen this at many fires. Some during the "War Years". and most at recent fires.

Excellent!!! That’s exactly why I praised those companies I mentioned. They still use tower ladders the way they’re supposed to.

there are a lot of companies all over NYC that do aside from those companies in that particular borough. we get it you love brooklyn.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I have seen on some of these videos TL-44 worm there way into a good position more than once.