4/23/24 Brooklyn 4th Alarm Box 2865

Keep in mind alot of the 15's Jobs are in Bushwick, Bedstuy, Flatbush & Brownsville

2024 Map
image_2024-04-25_111953436.png
2023 Map
image_2024-04-25_112124222.png

Not sure what your problem is but you said to look at the #'s of other divisions and then company stats as well. Both prove that the 15th is the busiest. That's not to say that's the only busy spot in the city, but as a whole the 15th is a busy place. Nothing to get upset about.
you guys are busy for runs, ill give you that

Can you explain what the dots on the map means?
Purple, Yellow (and the red in manhattan) are companies
Black Dots are 10-75s / All Hands
Red Dots are 2nd Alarms
Light Purple are 4th Alarms
Light Blue are 5th Alarms

Although it seems he messed up on two of them 🤷‍♂️
Slightly different colors between the two different years aswell.

You can find all the maps in the Citywide Thread, they are made by Signal73

Purple, Yellow (and the red in manhattan) are companies
Black Dots are 10-75s / All Hands
Red Dots are 2nd Alarms
Light Purple are 4th Alarms
Light Blue are 5th Alarms

Although it seems he messed up on two of them 🤷‍♂️
Slightly different colors between the two different years aswell.

You can find all the maps in the Citywide Thread, they are made by Signal73
Point out/explain in a DM where i messed up.

I try NOT to do that on these lol

dan

There is no longer a BC aide class. OTJ training. At this particular fire there were a lot of newly promoted officers and an ABC 1st due. Like it or not we have an experience deficit at all levels and it shows.

There is no longer a BC aide class. OTJ training. At this particular fire there were a lot of newly promoted officers and an ABC 1st due. Like it or not we have an experience deficit at all levels and it shows.
An ABC was not first due. The 42 Chief was an assigned Chief.

There isn’t an officer on the entire job with less than 16 years on. Most have right around 20.

Last edited:
A company OOS for medicals is almost a guarantee that they will

There isn’t an officer on the entire job with less than 16 years on. Most have right around 20.
This true?? I know of guys who have gotten promoted to Lt. with less than 16 years on before promotion

This true?? I know of guys who have gotten promoted to Lt. with less than 16 years on before promotion
I wouldn’t make the statement if it weren’t true.

The last Lieutenant promotion about a year or so ago was from the test given in 2015. No Tier 3 members were able to take that test. The FDNY had a five year hiring freeze from 2008-2013. Tier 3 came into effect in 2008 - right at the hiring freeze.

So that means that there isn’t a single member of the UFOA who got hired after 2008 - which was 16 years ago.

They haven’t promoted anyone yet from the 2022 Lieutenant Test. When they do, we will see Officers with 8 or 9 years on again. Most will fall into this category in fact, although there are some out there who passed up on the 2015 Lieutenant Test and have around 20 years on.

The last time the BC Aides class was offered was around 15-20 years ago! Unfortunately, some chiefs don't take the time to work with the firefighters working with them.

I’m still trying to understand where you heard/why you thought there were a lot of newly promoted officers and an ABC first due at this job? Because that is beyond false. What went wrong was the extremely heavy fire load upon arrival and the delayed call for 911.

I’m still trying to understand where you heard/why you thought there were a lot of newly promoted officers and an ABC first due at this job? Because that is beyond false. What went wrong was the extremely heavy fire load upon arrival and the delayed call for 911.

Don’t forget the first due engine was oos for Medicals.

Don’t forget the first due engine was oos for Medicals.
I understand that. But whether or not the first due engine was there or not, this was going to be a multiple alarm fire either way. 243 was 30 seconds behind the would be arrival of 330.

*Edit*

My point being is that Dan’s comment is a direct slap in the face of the first due companie’s officers and chief. Those bosses are some of the more experienced members on the job.

Last edited: