6/20/20 Manhattan 10-75 Box 1945

Fire Location: 555 Main St (Roosevelt Island)

Fire on the 17th floor of a 19 story MD

Maybe:
E-260,262,258,263
L-116,115,117(Fast)
B-45,49
R-4
Sq-288
D-14
Rac-4

MD to D-14 based on the CIDS do you want to transmit a 10-77

D14 negative. Ask the 45

Last edited:
Fire Location: 555 Main St (Roosevelt Island)

Fire on the 17th floor of a 19 story MD

Maybe:
E-260,262,258,263
L-116,115,117(Fast)
B-45,49
R-4
Sq-288
D-14
Rac-4

MD to D-14 based on the CIDS do you want to transmit a 10-77

D14 negative. Ask the 45

Im sure this has been answered before and ive probably read the answer before but I forget

Why Roosevelt Island classed as "Manhattan" yet its Queens Companies and Chiefs that respond?

Im sure this has been answered before and ive probably read the answer before but I forget

Why Roosevelt Island classed as "Manhattan" yet its Queens Companies and Chiefs that respond?
Access to the island Dec.

It is also a sales point better to have Roosevelt Island be administatively part of manhattan. The same issue arises at Rikers Island it is part of the Bronx but its access and all FD responses are from Queens

mrw

Roosevelt Island is part of NY County and thus Manhattan, but can currently only drive there from Queens over the Roosevelt Island Bridge (opened in 1955). Until 1970, there were also elevators for vehicles (cars, ambulances, fire trucks) from the Queensboro Bridge.

Trivia Item: Ask the average where Manhattanite where "Main Street, New York, NY" is and they will tell you there is none... but there is, it's on Roosevelt Island.

Related question -- part of Marble Hill is thought of as being in the Bronx but is part of NY County -- anyone know if the Boxes there are Manhattan?

And going back to Roosevelt Island, I find it interesting that the Special Operations Command is headquartered there, geographically central but too remote due to the circuitous route to get to Manhattan -- anyone know the history / reasoning?

Roosevelt Island is part of NY County and thus Manhattan, but can currently only drive there from Queens over the Roosevelt Island Bridge (opened in 1955). Until 1970, there were also elevators for vehicles (cars, ambulances, fire trucks) from the Queensboro Bridge.

Trivia Item: Ask the average where Manhattanite where "Main Street, New York, NY" is and they will tell you there is none... but there is, it's on Roosevelt Island.

Related question -- part of Marble Hill is thought of as being in the Bronx but is part of NY County -- anyone know if the Boxes there are Manhattan?

And going back to Roosevelt Island, I find it interesting that the Special Operations Command is headquartered there, geographically central but too remote due to the circuitous route to get to Manhattan -- anyone know the history / reasoning?
New York County (Manhattan) includes the East River to its eastern banks. Randalls and Roosevelt Islands, in the middle of the river, are in New York County. Engine 49, a combination engine and ladder company, was located on the island until disbanded in 1958. The island's population is approximately 12,000.

SOC on Roosevelt Island - I think part of the reasoning was it was convenient to get to for DC Ray Downey