7/15/2011 Bronx Box 3379 All Hands

Location -  Briggs Ave & E194 St

06:04
BC-27 ON SCENE FIRE ON THE 1ST FLOOR OF A 2 STORY PRIVATE DWELLING, 1-LSO, AHW, DOUBTFUL WILL HOLD, TL-33 FAST TRUCK

That's the correct asssignment for the box, Mike...BUT

Wonder who got in first to stretch the first line. With the house located that far north on the block, 79 is a cinch if they went against traffic on Briggs. If they looped around onto Valentine, probably 48.

Anybody there to see?

3511 said:
That's the correct asssignment for the box, Mike...BUT

Wonder who got in first to stretch the first line. With the house located that far north on the block, 79 is a cinch if they went against traffic on Briggs. If they looped around onto Valentine, probably 48.

Anybody there to see?
Wow, after reading your post 3511 I thought why wouldn't 79/37 go south on Briggs Ave but after looking at the Google map, I see Briggs Ave is one way northbound. Back in the day when I lived on Valentine and 198 St, Briggs Ave was a 2-way street, a very narrow 2-way street. Things are always changing, now a one-way street. I guess Valentine Ave would have been their way.

in the BRONX the company that is 1st due on the ticket would stretch the 1st line.
that is why the bronx is the borough of gentlemen
we dont race each other in, jap out each other, try to steal boxes and other non union type of b.s.

Scene of a previous 2 alarm fire in 2009, same address, this was noted in the CIDs. The 2009 2nd alarm thread is on here & has sort of the same debate in it.

Just throwing some things out there, but what if first due companies are delayed for any of many reasons. I hope second due companies if they arrive first aren't going to wait. I appreciate being gentlemen but I hope common sense prevails.
squarewheels said:
in the BRONX the company that is 1st due on the ticket would stretch the 1st line.
that is why the bronx is the borough of gentlemen
we dont race each other in, jap out each other, try to steal boxes and other non union type of b.s.

Micheal S,
I seem to remember that discussion, but that fire was on 194th Street, whereas this one was actually on Briggs, halfway north on the long block towards 196th Street. Two elementary schools are on the corner of 196th and Briggs and those are 79/37 first due. I went to school there.

Square, you are right but fdce54 raises a good point. It fire was out the windows, would 79 wait and not take a hydrant waiting for 48 to get in?

I have heard of that happening in the Bronx. At one of those multiples on 204th and Bainbridge, 88 got in before 48, who were coming from the far end of their district on another run. 88 stretched off own their rig, but 48 pulled up before they started water and let 48 take the line since they were higher on the ticket. In that case it made no difference. But what about in my exmple?

I'm a little confused about the latter part of this post. I have taken in numerous jobs in which E-79,62,48,L-37,32, & 56 are involved.They all play well together and get the job done.They do what needs to be done,each job is different and might require different procedures than the last one.

You are correct , MichealS, my recollection was wrong. Everything else said in my original and subsequent post I still stand by. Thanks for setting the record straight. And it seems like I am beating a dead horse. I will try to refrain.

And Mike, they all do play well together. That's the FDNY in the Bronx.

Probably more important, what the hell is going on at 2661 Briggs Ave?