4th Alarm
E-39,3

5th Alarm
E-37,33
L-18

*Im sure my run card is out dated*
*Chelsea might be on the 2nd Alarm not sure if the send E2 T1 or E4 C2*

Last edited:
I had their run card as of two years ago, I'll try to see if I can find it in my files

mack

Administrator
Fire Location: 318 Princeton St

Fire in 2 3 story buildings

Maybe:
E-5,56,9,8
L-21,2,1,3
R-1
D-1

2nd Alarm
E-10,50,4
L-24

3rd Alarm
E-21,22
L-17

4th Alarm
E-39,3

5th Alarm
E-37,33
L-18

*Im sure my run card is out dated*
*Chelsea might be on the 2nd Alarm not sure if the send E2 T1 or E4 C2*

Looks good. Thanks for probable rundown.

Per new 10 alarm assignment plan:

1st alarm - 1 E/1 L/1 District Chief assigned as RIT team, 1 District Chief assigned safety chief
2nd alarm - 2 E, 2 L, 1 Div Chief, 2 District Chiefs

mack

Administrator
BFD Commissioner stated 150 FFs at 5th alarm. Probably many additional companies assigned for relief.

mack

Administrator
1st due Engine 5 (below) short run to fire - but longer runs for multiple alarm companies - fire in East Boston requires bridge or tunnel access - close to Chelsea.

1658344745296.png

Bulldog

Bulldog
Does anyone know why in Boston alarms after the 2nd only have 2 engines or 2 engines and a ladder? Is it because of their lack of resources or something else?

mack

Administrator
1st due Engine 5 (below) short run to fire - but longer runs for multiple alarm companies - fire in East Boston requires bridge or tunnel access - close to Chelsea.

View attachment 22823
BFD has sufficient resources. Their new 10 alarm system works for Boston.

It does provide more precision, if that's the right word, to add additional resources as needed. Instead of getting 4 or more companies at each additional alarm as in traditional 5 alarm systems, the BFD incident commander gets 2 engines or 2 engines and a truck at each additional alarm with the 10 alarm system.

One advantage, it could reduce extra alarm companies never used at staging areas, but both systems seem to work well.

Last edited:
Something else. BFD has sufficient resources. Their new 10 alarm system works for Boston.

It does provide more precision, if that's the right word, to add additional resources as needed. Instead of getting 4 or more companies at each additional alarm as in traditional 5 alarm systems, the BFD incident commander gets 2 engines or 2 engines and a truck at each additional alarm with the 10 alarm system.

One advantage, it could reduce extra alarm companies never used at staging areas, but both systems seem to work well.
Precision is a good word for it. Rather than having a cascade of units arriving simultaneously, fewer units are easier to assign upon arrival. Even though East Boston is isolated, once the units start heading that way they get there reasonable quickly.

Also note that not necessarily the closest Companies are assigned (although we never have a clear view of re-locations). Multiple alarm companies are specifically selected (in advance) so as not to strip entire areas of the city at once. Apparently though, the "Home Guard" no longer exists, and apparently mutual aid companies will go to the fire on multiples. In this case Revere has a station practically on the Revere/Boston city line near Suffolk Downs

Precision is a good word for it. Rather than having a cascade of units arriving simultaneously, fewer units are easier to assign upon arrival. Even though East Boston is isolated, once the units start heading that way they get there reasonable quickly.

Also note that not necessarily the closest Companies are assigned (although we never have a clear view of re-locations). Multiple alarm companies are specifically selected (in advance) so as not to strip entire areas of the city at once. Apparently though, the "Home Guard" no longer exists, and apparently mutual aid companies will go to the fire on multiples. In this case Revere has a station practically on the Revere/Boston city line near Suffolk Downs
Which is why I think Engine 21 is on many running cards as a second alarm engine. In the old days Engine 34 in Brighton was a cover engine on almost all seconds.

Which is why I think Engine 21 is on many running cards as a second alarm engine. In the old days Engine 34 in Brighton was a cover engine on almost all seconds.
Yeah read the Book Busy As Hell 2 and the author gives a run down o the companies that ran all of the place.