8/17/21 Brooklyn 2nd Alarm Box 3677

Most of this great country is protected for volunteer fire departments. Some great and some not so great. I have over 40 years in the fire service from volunteer to paid on call to paid, I have seen the good bad and ugly of the fire service but I can tell you this, when the alarm bell rings Joe Q Public really don't give a rats ass who shows up as long as they bring help to the situation at hand. If you are in the fire service challenge yourself to be the best firefighting professional available and pay it forward.
Amen

Most of this great country is protected for volunteer fire departments. Some great and some not so great. I have over 40 years in the fire service from volunteer to paid on call to paid, I have seen the good bad and ugly of the fire service but I can tell you this, when the alarm bell rings Joe Q Public really don't give a rats ass who shows up as long as they bring help to the situation at hand. If you are in the fire service challenge yourself to be the best firefighting professional available and pay it forward.
I read an article that states at least 75% of the country is volunteer and more then a decent amount are paid guys volunteering in their communities