L33F

B18: extra E/T (E82/L41)

D7: UC (duration 27 min.)

L51 act. L58
L17 act. L33
E81 act. E46
E73 act. E82

Last edited:
Got it - that's if all available (though this is old, note "E61" on 5th alarm)

L27 was unavailable (somewhere in Manhattan)
E48 & L56 were on another box
L31 unavailable - no idea for reason?
as per BxD:
L33F
L41 extra Truck & E82 extra Engine

Such is life in FDNY on any given day
Always the last rig on the 5th is the Squad….

Got it - that's if all available (though this is old, note "E61" on 5th alarm)

L27 was unavailable (somewhere in Manhattan)
E48 & L56 were on another box
L31 unavailable - no idea for reason?
as per BxD:
L33F
L41 extra Truck & E82 extra Engine

Such is life in FDNY on any given day
Alarm card is really only good for the 1st Alarm if all available since acting companies will get in most of the time now. This is the most updated run cards. When they are a block or 2 off or a box up one or down one the card is not that same as what the computer gives at Dispatch. Companies beat in companies every day some are based off traffic as rush hour times E1 can beat E26 is most boxes since they cannot get down the street.

Alarm card is really only good for the 1st Alarm if all available since acting companies will get in most of the time now. This is the most updated run cards. When they are a block or 2 off or a box up one or down one the card is not that same as what the computer gives at Dispatch. Companies beat in companies every day some are based off traffic as rush hour times E1 can beat E26 is most boxes since they cannot get down the street.
exactly what I said - you can start by who you think should be assigned - then listen to who dispatcher may contact on air - who might be unavailable for various reasons - who might become available - etc., etc., etc.
On many occasions response is as should be, but on many others, not always the case - so to be surprised by a response not being in proper order is a surprise in itself.
BTW, nobody gets it right all the time

Last edited:
Love these assignment discussions.
I am a retired military guy steeped in operational deployment. I got to that learning the force deployment of the FDNY as a kid...i.e., the run cards.
In my very very younger days, even before the radio system, the run cards ruled FDNY. Glad to see that things are more flexible these days. But still, the blocks to a Box, the distance on the ground, is the rule.