D13: 2 L/S/O

D13: UC (duration 40 min.)

E289 act. E301
E331 act. E311
L129 act. L150
L127 act. L162
L135 act. L162

Last edited:
I realize that's the trend nowadays...send the relocator to the job rather than the next up company. Still, I'm sitting on Merrick Blvd, they special a truck and keep us home...I'm not happy. That's why you gotta cheat...lol. Working a night tour years ago...box comes in for around the same location as this. Sounds good. 10-75. Very aggressive boss working in 133. We decide to take a ride, get closer to the fire..."just in case". Well, I'm literally around the corner...parked, lights off..."Division 13 to Queens, special call another truck". Lights go on, we make a turn and go literally 100 yards to the job. Hustle up to the command post....ADC Manahan is working...styrofoam coffee and butt in his hand. "What can we do for you chief?" He just smiles and says..."what took you so long?"...lol. Stay safe.

Donny, that's how you do it. I too, am not thrilled with this new policy of sending the relocated Truck to the job. When I was a LT in L-150 (The Hollis Hogs), we used to like getting the meal in 162's area. I was Always out Trolling, in all the Companies I worked as an Officer, just in case...

RCL

I realize that's the trend nowadays...send the relocator to the job rather than the next up company. Still, I'm sitting on Merrick Blvd, they special a truck and keep us home...I'm not happy. That's why you gotta cheat...lol. Working a night tour years ago...box comes in for around the same location as this. Sounds good. 10-75. Very aggressive boss working in 133. We decide to take a ride, get closer to the fire..."just in case". Well, I'm literally around the corner...parked, lights off..."Division 13 to Queens, special call another truck". Lights go on, we make a turn and go literally 100 yards to the job. Hustle up to the command post....ADC Manahan is working...styrofoam coffee and butt in his hand. "What can we do for you chief?" He just smiles and says..."what took you so long?"...lol. Stay safe.
Had a good friend if mine who was a spare chauffeur in 146. One night there was a fire in Bk. They got tapped out for a call about a block from the fire with a similar address if I remember his story correctly. He wasn't wearing his glasses at house watch and assumed they were assigned to the fire. So they went. Maybe 20 minutes later bd was looking for them and they weren't answering. Finally fc or ic responded and said there here operating. And 146 figured out what happened. No big deal. Few nights later there's a call where there normally assigned to. Couple of guys and my friend are standing there trying to figure out why they weren't. Finally someone said dispatch probably figures well assign ourselves.

its closest company to the fire gets assigned...so if the 1st due company has a relocator they go...hard to argue sending the 8th due truck on the alarm.

RCL

its closest company to the fire gets assigned...so if the 1st due company has a relocator they go...hard to argue sending the 8th due truck on the alarm.
To an extent I can see this. Like if there asking for an additional engine/truck. But after a certain point, 2nd and 3rd relocators are coming from farther away leaving big areas open for extended periods. It gets compounded when theres multiple or potential 75s going at the same time, in different bouroughs. Especially if there doing a type for type relocation. I don't think theres an easy answer.

think a chief doesn't want to wait 20 minutes for the 8th truck to get dressed and come from qtrs 5 miles away on a 3rd alarm when time is of the essence when you can turn out a company is on the road already on in the 1st response area.