8/28/23 Hamden CT

Fire Location: 550 Newhall St

Fire in a vacant school……again for the 3rd or 4th time

E2 E3 Sq1 E5 T1 R2 R1 C3 C4 C1 C5 C8

Relocations
E9 to Station 4

1st Due pipe guy said they seen kids running on arrival

IMG_9222.jpegIMG_9223.jpegIMG_9224.jpegIMG_9225.jpegIMG_9228.jpegIMG_9230.jpegIMG_9232.jpegIMG_9238.jpegIMG_9236.jpegIMG_9246.jpeg

BCR

I’m surprised there is anything left to burn there. It’s only been closed for almost 20 years. Time to knock it down. Let’s not forget it closed because it was built on a toxic dump either lol

I’m surprised there is anything left to burn there. It’s only been closed for almost 20 years. Time to knock it down. Let’s not forget it closed because it was built on a toxic dump either lol
Lot of rubbish inside & outside.

Squad did a search of the 2nd floor & they said it looks like people are squatting up there, as the door around the back is always open.

Yeah that's why I wonder why people aren't always masked up.. Kate blames Christian's cancer years ago over going to that school

So far 3 at the other part of the school (One was a small hands) and now one at this part of the school.

BCR

Lot of rubbish inside & outside.

Squad did a search of the 2nd floor & they said it looks like people are squatting up there, as the door around the back is always open.

Yeah that's why I wonder why people aren't always masked up.. Kate blames Christian's cancer years ago over going to that school

So far 3 at the other part of the school (One was a small hands) and now one at this part of the school.
It was such a dump when I went there. I’m honestly surprised the building is still standing with how cheap it was built. I don’t know why they didn’t d knock the rest down when they demolished the auditorium and cafeteria. Lots of cancer linked to that building.

Squad was training there for a long time cutting the metal roof.

Can't knock it down due to the cancer