A Note About Posting News Articles From Other Sources

truck4

Administrator
To avoid any potential copyright problems, the preferred method of posting articles is to post a 'brief summary of the article, including the title' and a link to it's origin.

Example:

20 Firefighters Hurt in Blaze

"Two residents and more than 20 firefighters were injured when a four-alarm blaze ripped through four Bronx buildings yesterday."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/fire_heroes_hurt_in_blaze_izHURp7EGkMTSkLKkZYnAI#ixzz1svaCX8NX

We must ask our membership to follow this guideline. Any unauthorized reproduction (even credited) can be grounds for legal action. And we don't need that ;)

Thanks!!!!

Mike
Truck4

Mike.....so what you are asking is to just post the link w/explanation rather then pasting the entire story in print ?

If I am monitoring Boston or Chicago on radioreference and either dept wacks the deuce BFD or give me a 2-11 CFD how do I post the info. Do you required the post site or can I post verbally, because this is info sent over public airways. And I tell people to Google/Yahoo a site and do a search, is this permissable?

If this violates the protocal I am sorry. I am 63 years old, I am NOT computer savvy. I worked with USAF in SEA, flew/worked with the 20 TASS. Dennis Leary did a documentary on Detroit, focusing on E-50 Web site I hope Dennis Leary.com guess not. OK we are not as dumb as me, hit his site and check out the Detroit documentary. I guess I am too fucking stupid to do sites

truck4

Administrator
Griz-  This is only about news articles, buddy! Like if you saw something at the Chicago Tribune website.