Across the River in NJ

For the Union City 8th St. job, I only caught the North Hudson units on the 1st and 2nd alarms. The rest were mutual aid companies which I didn’t hear announced over the air.

1st Alarm: E1 E4, SQ1 SQ 2, L1 L3, Rescue, Bn1, Deputy, Safety
Working Fire: E9, Bn3
2nd Alarm: E13, L5
3rd Alarm
Jersey City E22 E10 L12 BC2

4th Alarm
Harrison E2
Secaucus E3
Secaucus E4

5th Alarm
Cliffside Park E3
Edgewater E5
Fairview E2

After a 5th Alarm in Hudson County they call Task Forces of 2-1 or 4-2 from other counties
Thanks for the reply. I do T know a ton about NJ other than looking at a map. Was curious with my question because I don’t see any units from Newark and they seem closer then something like Paterson, same with Hackensack. Maybe I’m wrong though

Thanks for the reply. I do T know a ton about NJ other than looking at a map. Was curious with my question because I don’t see any units from Newark and they seem closer then something like Paterson, same with Hackensack. Maybe I’m wrong though
Newark has to be approved by COD not always happens.

Bayonne 5th Alarm Report from COD

Statement from Bayonne Fire Chief Keith Weaver on this morning’s 5-Alarm fire:

“At 4:15am, Bayonne Fire was dispatched to 40 E 5th Street on a report of fire. Arriving companies found heavy fire in the original fire building and extension into both 38 and 42 E 5th St. Due to heavy fire conditions in three structures, the fire progressed to five alarms. Firefighters used multiple handlines and aerial devices to help extinguish the blaze, which was brought under control at 6:53am.

One FF and one occupant were transported to a local hospital, where both were treated for minor injuries and released. A fire investigation is underway to determine the cause. A total of 22 people in five families have been displaced. All displaced residents are under the care of the Bayonne Office of Emergency Management and the Red Cross.

I want to express my thanks to our firefighters and all our mutual aid partners for their incredible efforts today in a very stubborn fire. With three houses fully involved in fire on arrival, it was only due to firefighters efforts that the fire remained contained to these three structures. I want to also thank our Police Department, McCabe Ambulance, the Board of Education, and the Fire Canteen for their assistance.”
#bayonnesbravest
The City of Bayonne Mayor Jimmy Davis Bayonne Police Department Bayonne NJ Department of Public Works McCabe Ambulance Bayonne School District-BBOED

Possible Run Down

1st Alarm
E2 E4 E3
LT1 LT2
BC

Working Fire
SQ5 L3

2nd Alarm
E7 E6
Car 40

3rd Alarm
Jersey City
E22 E13
L8
BC2 MSU

4th Alarm
Jersey City
E10 E11
L12
BC3

5th Alarm
Kearny
E1
LT2
DC1
Harrison
E2

Coverage
North Hudson
E1 E9
L4 BC1
Hoboken
E2
L2

Last edited:
Hoboken High Rise Fire Around 0200 this morning

1st Alarm
E2 E3 E1
L2 L1
BC
R1

Coverage
Jersey City
E5 E2
L2
BC1

Copy of the rundown for the Weehawken fire from Skyler's video on YouTube. Note that there were only 3 engines/squad, and 1 truck on the initial response. They had to wait for the units from Jersey City to fill out the first alarm per the "working fire" (10-75). Higher alarm responses were all from out of town.

1st Alarm: E3 E5 SQ10 L4 BC2
Working Fire: Jersey City E7 E11 L3 BC3
2nd Alarm: Hoboken E1 L1 BC
3rd Alarm: Bayonne E6 E7 L3 BC
4th Alarm: Kearny E1 LT2 DC3
5th Alarm: Belleville E2 Bloomfield E3 Montclair L1
6th Alarm: Elizabeth E1 Rahway E4 Union L2

Coverage (Relocations)
1st Battalion Orange E4 Cedar Grove E72 South Essex TL31
2nd Battalion Passaic E2 Clifton E4 Paterson LT1
3rd Battalion East Rutherford E2 Carlstadt E2 Ridgefield Park L1
Damn South Essex, Rahway and Union putting on the miles, Newark Fire ain't come out?