ACTIVE FF MARK BATISTA ENG*226.

From another site... QUOTE..

"On Friday morning, off-duty New York Firefighter Mark Batista brought his family to the beach at Avon-by-the-Sea, New Jersey for the day. While his daughter was swimming in the ocean, a fast-moving rip current swept her away from the shoreline. Mark saw the young girl in distress, and without hesitation, rushed in to save her. During that heroic rescue attempt, the current pulled mark underwater and he did not resurface. Mark’s daughter was rescued by other first responders that arrived on scene. Rescue crews in the water and the air quickly began a search for the missing firefighter, but sadly he did not survive. His body was recovered about an hour later.
Firefighter Mark Batista was a 15-year veteran of the New York Fire Department, and was assigned to Engine Company 226 in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. He leaves behind a wife, two sons and a daughter. In the firehouse, Mark was remembered as a dedicated fireman and a pleasure to work with. He always kept a positive outlook on life, and was loved and respected by all of his brothers and sisters on the job. In October, Mark posted a photo of he and his daughter on his Instagram. The caption read “I can’t promise to be here the rest of your life, but what I can promise is to love you for the rest of mine.” Mark was 39-years old."..UNQUOTE.

Has the Dept. waived the requirement to live in the 9 counties for EMS Medical Branch personnel who live out of state that are promoted into Supression?

Has the Dept. waived the requirement to live in the 9 counties for EMS Medical Branch personnel who live out of state that are promoted into Supression?
No, I believe when the merger happened there were a few people grandfathered in but they've most likely be retired by now.

No, I believe when the merger happened there were a few people grandfathered in but they've most likely be retired by now.
That's what I thought; the merger was 27 years ago. Just wondering how he was able to live in Bergen County? I thought you had a year to move back into NY once you were appointed to FIRE? When I was in the Bronx, we had a proby that lived just off the southern tip of Westchester Co. airport - just bought the house about 2 blocks over the CT border.. The Job told him sell the house or get lost. He got lost, became a Cop in Greenwich CT.