ANOTHER 9-11 MEMBER PASSES.

Another War Years/9-11 Vet Passes To A Higher Level...... Ret BC Jack Corcoran......FF ENG*33..LAD*19....LT LAD*26....CPT R*4....BC BN*52 & RES*BN......Another class of '68 Member........REST IN PEACE BROTHER...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Funeral Arrangements for retired Battalion Chief Jack Corcoran are as follows;

Wake:

Neufeld?s Funeral Home

88-04 43 Ave

Elmhurst, NY 11373

718-424-4000

Saturday  7:00 to 9:00

Sunday      2:00 to 5:00

7:00 to 9:00

Funeral Mass: 

St. Adalberts

52-29 83 St.

Elmhurst NY 11373

718 639-0212

Monday  1115 hrs....note this is a change from  09:45

Another member of "The Greatest Generation of Firefighters" is gone. There will NEVER be another group like it. No other group of Firefighters saw so much fire activity as FDNY War Year Members like B.C. Corcoran did. I have the Highest Respect for everyone of them.

My Condolunces to the family and friends of B/C Corcoran. May he Rest in Peace. A job well done Chief. Thank you.

*********NOTE THE TIME CHANGE OF THE MASS TO 1115 HRS INSTEAD OF 0945**************

Much Thanks to R*4 ...the Emerald Pipers ...& the Ceremonial Unit & all who attended for making this a great sendoff.......the reading by Jacks son John of individual letters to Jack from all the members of his family as part of the eulogy was excellent.

WTC Death - Funeral/Wake Services Ret. FF Andrew Dal Cortivo (Engine 227)

The UFA is sorry to inform you of another FDNY member WTC victim. Retired FF Andrew Dal Cortivo (E-227) has died as a direct result of his exposure to WTC toxins during the course of his duties. The UFA is asking members to turn out as a sign of respect to our deceased brother and his family. Service details are as follows:

Wake/Viewing:
Thursday, January 17th, 2-4pm & 7-9pm
Friday, January 18th, 2-4pm & 7-9pm
Peter Labella Funeral Home
2625 Harway Ave. (Corner of Bay 43rd St)
Brooklyn, NY 11214
Tel: (718) 372-4242

.........................................................REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES....ANOTHER GONE WAY TOO SOON.

My Condolunces to the friends and family members of Firefighter Andrew Dal Cortivo. And to the members of Engine 227 and the members of the FDNY.

We will NEVER Forget.

Rest in peace Brother ... Condolences to his family and the Brothers on Ralph Avenue ...

RET FDNY LT MARTIN FULLAM.
FROM THE UFOA......QUOTE. Tuesday January 29, 2013

On Monday January 28th, the FDNY lost another hero to 9/11 illness.
In the years after his efforts at Ground Zero, Lieutenant Marty Fullam, would experience respiratory failure to the extent that he required a double lung transplant. Marty finally lost his courageous battle with 9/11 related lung disease and his death is, of course, line of duty.
Despite dealing with his health issues, Marty and his wonderful wife, Trish, heroically made trips to Washington DC to testify before various Congressional and Senate Sub Committee hearings. His poignant and compelling testimony brought home the message of how badly the James Zadroga 9/11 Health & Compensation Act was needed. He helped provide the irrefutable proof of the deadly effects of exposure to the WTC sites that elected Representatives in Washington DC were searching for.

Lieutenant Fullam's last trip to Washington in 2010 almost cost him his life. Fortunately FDNY Medical Officer Dr. David Prezant was also a part of the lobbying group and was there to provide immediate medical attention. Marty then insisted on fulfilling his commitment to testify later that day. Such heroism knows no bounds!
We of the FDNY owe Dr. Prezant a debt of gratitude for helping us keep Marty for two more years. Dr. Prezant also played an active medical role these last few years and was a source of strength for the family.

Although the FDNY has lost a brother, we are all better off because of Marty, who despite his own life threatening illness, pushed forth so we all could benefit.

The UFOA Executive Board urges all members to please make every effort to turn out and show Lieutenant Fullam's family the respect that is due and as a sign that we will never forget his heroism!

UNQUOTE.
... ......................................REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Funeral Arrangements for Lieutenant Marty Fullam are as follows:

Wake: 

Thursday: 01/31  2-5 PM ; 7-9 PM

Friday:      02/01  2-5 PM ; 7-9 PM

Scalia Funeral Home

28 Eltingville Blvd

Staten Island, New York 10312

Phone: (718) 356-6363

Funeral Mass:

Saturday: 02/02 11:15 AM

Our Lady Star of the Sea

5411 Amboy Rd 

Staten Island, NY 10312

1-29-13.....2105 HRS.... IT IS WITH REGRET THE DEPT ANNOUNCES THE PASSING OF ACTIVE FF CHARLES L. JONES OF LAD*165.....ARRANGEMENTS TO FOLLOW. ..........Another hard fought battle.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER ....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

68jk09 said:
1-29-13.....2105 HRS.... IT IS WITH REGRET THE DEPT ANNOUNCES THE PASSING OF ACTIVE FF CHARLES L. JONES OF LAD*165.....ARRANGEMENTS TO FOLLOW. ..........Another hard fought battle.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER ....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

May FF Jones of Ladder Co 165 Rest in Peace. My condolunces to his family and friends. And to the members of Ladder 165 and the FDNY.

Firefighters have always had a shorter average lifespan than most professions. That being said, we are losing Firefighters at an alarming rate due to their exposure to the toxins at the site of the terror attacks on NYC eleven years ago. To say the least, it's extremely painful to watch this horror continue to play out. So many Brothers ... The Best of The Best ... dying well before they should have. I've heard more than one person say, "Put it behind you and move on ..." Sadly, we can't put it behind us because the suffering of many is very real and there's no hope in sight that anything will change it. Rest peacefully Brothers ...

"Put it behind you and move on" ? ? ?

There are Firefighters, Police Officers, EMTs, etc that have been exposed to that World Trade Center dust, who still have breathing issues, coughs, sinus pain, lung conditions. They can't breathe like you and I can. They probadly will never again. Some can't fly to visit family and friends like most of us, because the atmoshere change would cause then further problems. Yet those members consider themselves the "lucky ones" because they are still alive. There are those that to this day are suffering the effects of cancer because of this. Cancer is a life long battle for those lucky enough to survive it.

These 9-11 workers have lost their friends. Their Brothers. Not one or two, but hundreds. Families have lost them. They lost them on that terrible day, and they are still loosing them 11 years later.

I remember the FDNY member I met about two years later. He worked Ladder Co 15. He looked in great shape, maybe about 30 years old. He used to run up flights of stairs with an air pack on his back, wearing that heavy gear, and carrying tools. He told me he couldn't do that anymore. I watched him struggle to climb up four steps in a theater where my wife and I had gone to see a show.

"Put it behind you and move on". I don't think so. At least not as I see it.

I flew with the 20th TASS as a intell airman. Worked with C-123 air crew doing their ordered jobs. They used the defoilment sprays on hostile areas. Been there. did that, . I respect Raybrag,  we were in difficult situations. Raybrag=1 good guy.

THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM AL HAGAN PRESIDENT OF THE FDNY UFOA REGARDING THE FUNERAL OF LT MARTY FULLAM (see reply # 72 above)..........QUOTE........................ From the moment he became sick Lieutenant Marty Fullam never stopped fighting for the rest of us who worked in the toxic cloud that hung over the pile and later the pit.

At yesterday?s funeral Commissioner Cassano said, ?When he could no longer fight fires, he continued to fight for all the FDNY members who responded on Sept. 11?he fought for them so their illnesses would be recognized, and so they and their families would be compensated. . . . Marty knew this was for everyone who puts on the FDNY uniform, who risks their lives to save others.?

His wife Trish gave a moving eulogy. She spoke of the person we all want to be and how through coping with the ramifications of his illness, ?he evolved into a bigger man and a better person than he had ever hoped to see?

She also spoke of how, even though it might have been easy, ?he never uttered the words ?why me,? never complained of his plight.?

Doctor Prezant told of how when Marty would come to the medical office on Sunday mornings for the (what evolved to become) the FDNY World Trade Center Lung Clinic, he refused to jump the line, even though he was among the sickest in the room.

o Later when he was tethered to an oxygen bottle, Doctor Prezant told him there was a BHS rule that said any firefighter on oxygen MUST go to the front of the line.

o Doctor Prezant thought that as Marty approached the gates of heaven, God told him that heaven has the same rule.

Marty leaves behind his mom, Helen; his beautiful wife Trish (nee Kelly); his daughters Kelly Caroline, and Emma; his brothers David and Joseph; his sisters Deborah Turovic and Carol Johnson and thousands upon thousands of grateful firefighters, police officers and EMT?s.

Thank you Marty. .......UNQUOTE.