ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

It is with Deep Regret that i was informed today that Sal Russo has Passed To A Higher Level after a lengthy illness......Sal was a FF in ENG*231 & LAD*120 & R*1.....LT LAD*2 then LT in R*1 ....CPT LAD*Hundred & Eight & ENG*331.......back in his Watkins St days it was said that Sal could do sit ups with the Battering Ram behind his neck.......i remember the first day Sal covered a vacation in R*2 as an Officer ... we did not really know him well only that he had been a tough FF in 120 & R*1 .....at the start of the tour he called the HW from his office upstairs & said "assemble the Men for Roll Call".....we were like "oh boy this guy seems serious"....we are standing in front of the Rig & Sal comes down the stairs & stops about halfway down strikes a jaunty pose & proceeds to sing a complete song from a Broadway play (he could really sing) .....when he was done we applauded & then he came down & it was the start of a good relationship.....he did not cover in R*2 often but he was always a welcome sight....i know he was well Respected on Union Ave...he was attending our annual Siegel Eagle get togethers until a few years ago......if there is fishing in Heaven Sal will show them how it is done....REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.......due to the ongoing virus crisis there are no further arrangements or info at this time....when any further info becomes available it will be posted ........ May all stay safe out there.

Chief my condolences to you and the other members who knew and respected Captain Sal Russo.

May he Rest in Peace. 

^^^^^  ARRANGEMENTS FOR RET CPT SAL RUSSO  above ^^^^^Viewing : Tues May 5, 2020 (11:30 - 1:30PM)
Commack Abbey Funeral Home
96 Commack Road
Commack, NY  11725
631-499-4422

Only 10 ppl at a time, mask's required.

Procession to Calverton Cemetery starts at 1:30.  Cars are not permitted into the cemetery..........  In lieu of flowers, donations can be sent to the following:

The FDNY Foundation
The Veterans Home in Stony Brook

I had the honor of working with Rich when he first came on the job. We were both at Sta. 45 in Maspeth. You wouldn't want to meet a nicer, professional and down to earth good guy. From what I understand he was the senior man at Sta.50 at the time of his passing. Rest In Peace Richie and thank you for being a friend. God Bless you and your family.

RET CPT PATRICK "JOE" BOYLAN ENG*246..... FROM ANOTHER SITE .....QUOTE..Capt. Patrick "Joe" Boylan last week in Florida at the age of 91, surrounded by his family as it should be.The 'Old Buffalo' was a mentor and inspirational leader to those who knew him. For many of us First Generation Fireman he was our surrogate 'Father on the Job.' Being new to this life, he taught us that what we do in this job is a lifelong endevour. A true Vocation. He will be missed, but his message lives on in the sons and daughters of the men he inspired. Thanks Cap!
He is predeceased by his son Pat, who after tirelessly working on the pile and in the pit to bring his brothers home from Ladder Co. 7, died in the spring of 2002 during an elective surgery botch. His son Dan is retired from Engine Co. 45
Captain Pat was awarded the 'UFOA' Medal in 1986.At the time, not a lot was known about AIDS transmission. The 'Old Buffalo' gave mouth to mouth to a baby whose father we found out after the fire, had HIV. ..UNQUOTE. REST IN PEACE BROTHER....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (US ARMY) & FDNY.

RET LT KEVIN SKEAHAN LAD*51....  On 5-1-2020 ...RET 7-24-01 after 20 yrs OTJ.... REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

No Services - Cremation

RET BC EDWARD HENRY BN*40....Retired Battalion Commander Ed Henry of the 40 Battalion passed this week. He lost his son Joseph, L-21 on 9/11. Prayers for the Henry family.

I remember Ed as COV CPT in the late '70s & later as a regular attendee at UFOA Meetings .......REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

^^^^^ RET BC ED HENRY...On 5-5-2020 RET 9-7-02 after 41 yrs OTJ ......arrangements....
Visitation: Peter C. LaBella FH **
2625 Harway Avenue
Wednesday 10:00 - 11:00 am

Interment to follow at: Resurrection Cemetery
361 Sharrott Avenue SI

** Funeral Home may have some limitations on # of attendees

RET FF EMANUEL J. "BUDDY" PACE .... of Greenlawn, New York at 89 years. A proud veteran of the US Navy, and FIrefighter with the FDNY. Buddy served with Engine 218 in Brooklyn for 20 years and then spent 10 years with Ladder 173.....    REST IN PEACE BROTHER...THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY (US NAVY) & FDNY....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES......I remember Buddy from back when 218 was in the 35*BN before the 28 was organized.

RET FDNY CHEIF DISPATCHER RICHARD LANG SR. .......REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.... 2 Sons remain OTJ.... His Wife died 7 wks ago.

RET FF JOHN SCIPIONE ENG*247....On 5-7-2020... RET 1-12-89 after 34 yrs OTJ.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RET CPT EUGENE SINNOTT ENG*260.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.... He recd the Frank W. Kridel Medal in 1975 for a Meritorious Act on 1-12-74 while a LT in LAD*58 (he was formerly a LT in LAD*27-2).... Photo Thanks to Mike Dick... http://fdnysbravest.com/fp233.htm

Last edited: