Appointment of Chief of Department

Is there any news of the appointment of the new Chief of Department . Seems a while since Chief Richardson retired. Are there any favourites in the running?

Once again thaks for reply, a strange situation asks the question "where and What are they doing"

TL I draw your arrention to Signals73 post 23rd June 2021, congratulating Chief Richardson becoming Chief of Department. Further reading the post the Chief is given best wishes on his retirement ?

FYI- staff chiefs have many years of service. As such, they accrue plenty of leave time and plenty of comp time. It can take a long time to expend those leaves and finally exit the active payroll.

Sounds a good job pity we all couldn't get it, thanks for reply.
Not so good ......they accrue comp time in lieu of cash payments when working ordered overtime & often are denied being able to utilize it during the years resulting in having a large amount accrued at the end of their career....some just leave it on the table & the city recoups it.....a shit system.....people should be paid in a timely manner for the time they have to work .

Not so good ......they accrue comp time in lieu of cash payments when working ordered overtime & often are denied being able to utilize it during the years resulting in having a large amount accrued at the end of their career....some just leave it on the table & the city recoups it.....a shit system.....people should be paid in a timely manner for the time they have to work .
And I believe the comp time is hour for hour not time and a half. I know some guys said they would take a pay cut being promoted from Capt to BC because of the lack of OT pay

Finally, after about a year, Chief of Department Richardson has retired on 3/30/23.
What's he been doing all that time?
So now there are only two Chiefs of Department left.