Atlanta,GA Fire and Rescue closes 3 stations; majority of ladder trucks out of service

This problem didn't just occur overnight. Given the long lead time for obtaining new apparatus, the Chief should have been screaming to the City Fathers for years about this. If he did, he should resign in protest. If he didn't, he should be fired.

Bulldog

Bulldog
This problem didn't just occur overnight. Given the long lead time for obtaining new apparatus, the Chief should have been screaming to the City Fathers for years about this. If he did, he should resign in protest. If he didn't, he should be fired.
A lot of departments are getting in this kind of bind. They have an equipment replacement schedule based on normal leadtimes of 18 to 24 months and all of a sudden after the pandemic that extended significantly. Unfortunately you can't get a truck at the drop of a hat especially when each apartment has its own specifications.

I live 20 minutes outside of Atlanta and my companies office is in Atlanta so I’ll throw my 2 cents in.

Atlanta as an entire city has been poorly run and mismanaged for a few years now. It’s not particularly safe either. I can’t imagine that this was one of those “surprise” moments, they had to know.