BFU 1

Does anyone know if there are more than one of theses. Are these the replacements till new BFUs are made by KME.

Bulldog

Bulldog
First I've seen or heard about any BFU like that.  That style of unit probably isn't very effective for the type of brushfires that FDNY encounters.  It's better suited for grass fire type situations occurring in farmlands.  It is nice however to see that they have something to use temporarily until the new units arrive.

BCR

Correct these are just pick up trucks with skid units, I think the skid unit in this one is from the old brush unit that was on governors island, they took the skid unit off it to use the truck as the hose wagon at 329

Bulldog

Bulldog
FDNYTRUCKScom said:
these are TEMPORARY rigs.  the rigs that are being built look NOTHING like this.
We all realize that!  Of course these are also very reasonably priced compared to the ridiculous price they are going to be spending on the actually new BFU trucks!  Nobody sure what the new ones are going to be exactly like they should be gold plated for the cost.

Bulldog said:
FDNYTRUCKScom said:
these are TEMPORARY rigs.  the rigs that are being built look NOTHING like this.
We all realize that!  Of course these are also very reasonably priced compared to the ridiculous price they are going to be spending on the actually new BFU trucks!  Nobody sure what the new ones are going to be exactly like they should be gold plated for the cost.

"Bulldog" for what it's worth, I didn't realize these were "temporary trucks".