Boston 2nd Alarm 7 story elderly housing Jamaica Plain 2/16/15

mack

Administrator
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
13,427
1pm to 545 Centre St. in Jamaica Plain for a building fire in the Forbes Building.  147 apartments.  Mostly elderly.  Heavy fire 7th floor.  2nd alarm on arrival.

Note - 48 inches of snow in city - BFD running with extra FF on all companies.
 
Fire extended into 3 apartments on 6th and 7th floors:








Frozen hydrant in rear of building:



Frigid conditions - 12 degrees F; 48 inches snow on ground; more snow Tuesday.
 
Nice shots and rundown, mack.

Tower Ladder 10 got o/s and struck Box 2459. Engine 28 got o/s and struck the 2nd Alarm for fire showing from the top floor, rear.

13:45hrs. - C7(Division 2 DC) reporting fire is k/d, companies overhauling.

Probably,

Box 2459:

E28, E42, E24, E37(R.I.T.)
TL10, L23, L26(R.I.T.)
D9, D7(R.I.T.), D11(Evac.), D4(Act.), H1(Safety)
C7(Division 2 DC)
R2
ASU
TSU2
TCU
RU

2-2459(2nd Alarm):

E14, E17, E22
L4, L17
D12
SU
PIO
 
New England departments getting pounded.  Requests made for hydrant help:


 
Back
Top