Box Database?

B

Bigandy

Is there a box location map? I know about the box lookup on Frank Raffa's site, but is there a map anywhere out there plotting box locations?

I have a large spiral bound book: "NEW YORK CITY FIRE ALARM AND ASSIGNMENT GUIDE" by Eagle Enterprises. It has all boxes with 1st & 2nd due engines & ladders plus Battalion and neighborhood. It's not 100% correct, maybe 98%, but good enough to guide you.

I think FSP Books and Videos from Mass., has a book called FDNY Fire Alarm Assignment Guide by Warren Fuchs (retired Brooklyn Dispatcher) for $14.95 plus shipping. I believe that gives box numbers and their locations.

B

Bigandy

Okay thanks guys. I found one for the Bronx on firegroundphotos.net. I'll look into the book, thank you. I would never have the time to plot out all these boxes.  :eek:

B

Bigandy

What program do I have to run to open those? It's a zip file, and I can't find an application on my Macbook that will let me open it.

B

Bigandy

Oh I thought I had that application, guess not. Thank you raybrag.

Andy

There is a file for SI but it only had the houses and the companies, no boxes.

But hey, it's SI  ;)

There use to be a good maps link for all boroughs. Stopped working last year

I have started on finishing the Manhattan one

Maybe over the next few months I'll try and give it the old college try and make Box Location maps for each borough

So I am currently working on finishing the Manhattan Box map. Can some one tell me are they able to view this link?

Okay boys and Girls The Manhattan Box Map is 50% Complete

I have finish all the basic box numbers with a few important ones.

Over the next few months I am going to try to map out (on the same map) the Transit Boxes & Highway Boxes.

Should I do the Transit Boxes red or keep it Blue like the other ones?