Bronx dispatchers

FDNY150 said:
Central Park looks the same way. Completely gutted.

I'm sure there's some Great memories from both the old Manhattan and Brooklyn COs. I only visited each place a couple of times, and "I" miss the place. Every fire call that ever went out in Manhattan or Brooklyn went through those dispatchers in those buildings.

The War Years, the Blackout, the Attack on Our Country on 9/11. Pull boxes, ERS Boxes, Phone Alarms, Bells, The Voice Alarm, along with some of the Finest Fire Dispatchers that were the Best in the World. Along the way they handled Millions of calls. From a leaky water pipe to the civilians crying for help while they are trapped in their apartments.

Those dispatchers worked in those buildings. Behind those walls, those Unsong Heros saved lives everyday. It is now a part of history that I know, "I won't forget". I was just one real lucky guy to once in awhile see this for myself.

A couple of months ago, there was a fire alarm activation over in Central Park. 74 Engine gets there and transmits the 10-35. The officer says over the radio, "It's just workers removing debris." One of my guys yells, "To you, it's debris. To us, it's memories!!!" Truer words have never been spoken.