Brookshire,TX Plane With 21 People Onboard Runs Off Runway & Burns 10/19/2021

That lady that does the fire dispatching for Waller County during the day must have had her hair standing on end. The first 15 minutes would have been brush fire rigs, water tankers and good ole boys in F-150's.

BTW...I just got off the phone ordering your book.

That lady that does the fire dispatching for Waller County during the day must have had her hair standing on end. The first 15 minutes would have been brush fire rigs, water tankers and good ole boys in F-150's.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy it!

Bulldog

Bulldog

Yes, I can certainly see that happening! Looking at the pictures it mostly tankers and brush rigs with a few conventional engines. Many small airports like this do not have any CFR capability outside of maybe foam on a couple of the closest engine companies.

I did not see any ARFF trucks there how come?
This place is basically a 6600' runway in an old rice field surrounded by small (500-1000 acre) cattle ranches. It's under a major flyway for Canadian geese in the winter. In the old days, guys would be out there at dawn for duck hunting. You could be at the office downtown at nine.
The closest ARFF rig is probably a tie between Houston Station 81 on the south side of Hobby and Station 99 next to 15R/31L at IAH....35 to 40 miles across town.