Busy engines

4truck

Great contribution!! Considering i did not cover queens not far off my predictions, but a couole were way off!!

Have you got same for ladders??

And there it is E42 up there with 10-75s, I maintained that throughout the year!!  i missed the brooklyn engines though!!!

Btw is anyone else getting really odd additions to posts on here??

JT

mack

Administrator
Rodent251 said:
Hi all

Not been on this for some time, but away from this can i please encourage us all to spare a thought for the Paris Police Officers that Died In The Line Of Duty in the name of preserving freedom of speech and democracy and the values we fought so hard for over many years, and please have those murdered by the terrorists, their friends and families in our prayers. Let  us all, regardless of language, home address or religion, come together as one to ward of this disgusting attack on our values and way of life. God bless.

Prayers for Paris Police Officers killed and their families and friends.  RIP.

mack said:
Rodent251 said:
Hi all

Not been on this for some time, but away from this can i please encourage us all to spare a thought for the Paris Police Officers that Died In The Line Of Duty in the name of preserving freedom of speech and democracy and the values we fought so hard for over many years, and please have those murdered by the terrorists, their friends and families in our prayers. Let  us all, regardless of language, home address or religion, come together as one to ward of this disgusting attack on our values and way of life. God bless.

Yes they are in our Prayers....RIP TO THEM & PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE  FAMILIES.

68jk09 said:
mack said:
Rodent251 said:
Hi all

Yes they are in our Prayers....RIP TO THEM & PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE  FAMILIES.

Rest In Peace

4 truck said:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B55fvK6ruhSlWFhVeGJIUnVFbjA/preview?pli=1
Break down of all the engines and their responses

4Truck is it possible to post the Ladder Co's ??

How busy a unit is would be number of structural fires and number of structural hours of work.

That is correct, jt. I am sure someone will look it up to tell us when it was last that a company exceeded 6000 runs.

E290 also near the very top of the list in EMS, Non med emergencies, and 10- 92s. A lot of non fire runs.

That ain't the same 6000 as years ago.

Overall at a glance, without crunching the numbers, runs up over 10% or more for the year in the traditionally busy companies. I submit that crime numbers can be juggled (especially if the cops just don't get out of their patrol cars anymore) more easily to defend one's political view. Watch the fire statistics to get a clearer picture of where the public safety of the City is headed.

4truck, this a great statistical effort. Anyway you can provide the file so the spreadsheet can be sorted by each column content?

Yes buddy I see you where you,are coming from as regards East New York, ref E290 banging in over 6,000 runs, but E03 and E33 in chelsea and the villages, what is going on there!!?? I totally missed that, not only are the runs for these two 'afluent area' of MAN companies way up but their workers and fires are up,as well, are we seeing a change in demographics in lower manhattan or is this purely a result of how runs are classified.
JT

Yeah I have the trucks also. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B55fvK6ruhSlNGI3R3YyWjg3d1k/preview?pli=1
Enjoy

Here's the Engines file as an Excel spreadsheet. Just click the link and then the blue "Download" button to download it to you computer in Excel. Hopefully it works, let me know if anyone has any issues.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkncx8y2gmxmr1n/Runs%20and%20Workers%202014%20-%20Engines.xlsx?dl=0

Here's the Trucks file in Excel. Same procedure as above to download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcmbpii4kti2a3y/Runs%20and%20Workers%202014%20-%20Trucks.xlsx?dl=0

In case anyone doesn't know how to, you can use Excel to rank the units by any of the columns. Just highlight the top left cell that is uncolored. Click and hold then drag down and to the right, selecting the boxes along the way. Go to the bottom right of the information without highlighting the column all the way to the right, that's the scale used for the rank. Once everything is highlighted (except the right-most column), look on the top where there are tabs marked File, Home, Insert, etc. Click the one that says "Data". This tab is broken up into sections. In the one labeled "Sort & Filter", click the button that says "Sort". This opens up a little window. The first drop-down menu is the column you sort by. Just select which you want to rank the units by, i.e. "Total 10-75 or better", "EMS", or any other option.