CFD Commissioner Hoff Resigns

Commissioner Hoff understands the tradition of the job and that of Chicago Fire Department. He decided to retire on the 50th anniversay of the death of his father who died at a building collapse at 7800 S Dorchester. Commisioner Hoff has been awarded the Carter Harrison , the departments highest award for bravery x 2 . He was dead against taking rigs from 5 FF to 4, and closing houses. I ran into him at a fifth alarm on the North Side, he wanted some pixs and I sent the the negatives. For all of you young pups, in the old days pixs were captured on a film negative which you went to Walgreens, Jewel, Osco for development. You pups have NO IDEA about fireground photography. Now you can see what you have photographed on the fireground, I had to hope I did it, just like mikeinthebronx did. And one more thing, guys saw you taking their pix, hey can I get a copy? Never, never ever did I refuse. Many good luches in CFD houses dropping off the negs, they took care of my son, took in a run with E-30 and their junk yard dog.

I really beleive the next contract is coming down to manning Some fucj25ng mope wants the job go to 8 hrs, getting real!! The next contract  will definately state 5 FF on a rig, not the 4 the city;s says.. In CFD 4 guys means a Motor Pumper Engineer, get the water from the hydrant. an officer, someone has to make a decision. Two guys on a 2 1/2 on a good day. Hope the second due engine/first due or second due truck saves your butt.  I have seen guys in CFD, they are as good as it gets, but more of the fire than the blue water.

grumpy grizzly said:
I really beleive the next contract is coming down to manning Some fucj25ng mope wants the job go to 8 hrs, getting real!! The next contract  will definately state 5 FF on a rig, not the 4 the city;s says.. In CFD 4 guys means a Motor Pumper Engineer, get the water from the hydrant. an officer, someone has to make a decision. Two guys on a 2 1/2 on a good day. Hope the second due engine/first due or second due truck saves your butt.  I have seen guys in CFD, they are as good as it gets, but more of the fire than the blue water.
Well put, Mr. Grizzly.