Charlotte Fire Station builds bench for neighbors waiting for bus

https://www.wcnc.com/article/life/heartwarming/charlotte-fire-station-builds-bench-for-neighbors-waiting-for-bus-outside-of-their-station/275-577289559

I work for Charlotte Fire now (left NY on 04) and there are some real good members here - this is in a rough area and its nice to see the brothers do what they can for the neighborhood - Station 13 runs an Engine, Ladder and 2 Hazmat units - real good house

jp3431 said:
I work for Charlotte Fire now (left NY on 04) and there are some real good members here - this is in a rough area and its nice to see the brothers do what they can for the neighborhood - Station 13 runs an Engine, Ladder and 2 Hazmat units - real good house

"jp3431", let me welcome you to this web site. There are many GREAT members here from Active and Retired FDNY members to Active and Retired Firefighters from outside the city. Dedicated Volunteer Firefighters, and guys who have a Special Interest in FDNY and other Fire depts who are referred to as "Buffs". Some do Great work filming and photographing the work done by firefighters.

We also have military members, EMTs, Medics, 911 - Fire/Police and EMS Dispatchers, and Police Officers.

Sometimes guys come to visit here from as far away as Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and Penn. Even as far away as Ireland. Many who have become good personnel friends, who never knew each other until they became a part of this web site.

It's a Great web site run by an FDNY family. One a retired FDNY Captain and the other an Active FDNY Lt. That's how it is here.

But for the people of Charlotte who use that bench, built by the Brothers and Sisters of the Charlotte FD, "I'm sure they certainly appreciate what you've done for them".

Welcome Brother,
Willy and friends

Thanks - I was NYC-EMS and FDNY moved to Charlotte in 04 - been a member here for awhile just dont post alot - but love reading posts to keep up