CHINESE MANDARIN LANGUAGE CLASS.

FROM THE DEPT ORDERS..... MANDARIN CHINESE LANGUAGE CLASS
The FDNY Phoenix Society will resume Mandarin Chinese classes every Tuesday from 7 to 9 pm, starting on April 30th 2019. Open to active and retired FDNY members, the classes will be at Flushing High School, 35-01 Union St, Flushing. Free parking available at 138-11 35th Ave, Flushing, NY 11354. Use Flushing HS Exit 16 upon arrival. Refreshment will be served. For more information, please email Vice President Benjamin Chou at: language@fdnyphoenixsociety.org. This semester we will focus on the translation and use of fire related words in mandarin. Mandarin Language Class is made possible by the FDNY Foundation.

Note:
The Top 10 Most Spoken Languages in the World
Mandarin Chinese (1.1 billion speakers) ...
English (983 million speakers) ...
Hindustani (544 million speakers) ...
Spanish (527 million speakers) ...
Arabic (422 million speakers) ...
Malay (281 million speakers) ...
Russian (267 million speakers) ...
Bengali (261 million speakers)

This is why my wife and I chose Mandarin for our son when he entered junior high school.

I studied German in high school and college, then promptly received orders to Japan -- wasted years of studying the wrong language, especially since I was a Marine and Japanese would've been way more applicable.

I told my son "Your generation is either going to be in business with them or fighting them...you're studying Mandarin!"  So far so good, straight A's and the honor roll all year so far.