CNN 9-11 documentary

Tomorrow, 9-11, CNN Headline news TV guide listings show a 9-11 documentary from 7-9 PM, CST. In recent years it was the documentary done by the two French brothers.

While many of us will never forget that day or the days that followed, these shows need to be televised so that the general public doesn't forget what happened. 19 years out, you would be surprised how many have forgotten. This is why we need to remind people what happened and so history can not be rewritten.
Continued Rest in Peace to those lost on that day, continued Rest in Peace to those lost since that day and prayers and hope for those who are suffering now.

Why would we watch anything that CNN airs.
This was originally shown on CBS years ago. It is the only documentary to my knowledge that shows the first impact into the Tower and the FDNY response. There is NO political commentary in it, just what the hell was going on in those first dreadful hours.

While many of us will never forget that day or the days that followed, these shows need to be televised so that the general public doesn't forget what happened. 19 years out, you would be surprised how many have forgotten. This is why we need to remind people what happened and so history can not be rewritten.
Continued Rest in Peace to those lost on that day, continued Rest in Peace to those lost since that day and prayers and hope for those who are suffering now.
I see your point 1261. Yes, they have forgotten and do not care. However, we will NEVER FORGET!

If someone told me that 343 firefighters would die in the line of duty in 1 single incident, I would have never believed them.

If someone told me that 343 firefighters would die in the line of duty in 1 single incident, I would have never believed them.

"columbusfire", no doubt we would all agree. Sometimes it's STILL hard to believe as we all remember where we were and what we were doing that day when we first heard the news.

Not only would we ever believe the loss of so many firefighters, police officers, first responders, but all the civilians as well.

Would any of us ever believe that we would see those TWO - 110 story buildings coming down.

I remember when my brother responded to the collapse of a twelve story building that was under construction in 1987 called the L'Ambiance Plaza Collapse, killing 29 construction workers. Dust from that collapse covered cars miles away. In fact Search and Rescue teams which had just been formed came in from the FDNY, Fairfax County, Va and Dade County, Fl. It was a MAJOR event that was on the nationwide news for weeks.
However, in the WTC collapse we are talking TWO - OCCUPIED Buildings with almost 100 MORE Floors.

We never saw a day where all the airliners flying were ordered to land in our country.

In addition to that, the U.S. Pentagon is struck by a large airline. There was the airline crash in Shanksville, Pa. Each one of these considered MAJOR events in themselves.

Nobody knew what was coming next. Where would the next target be ? As I remember, there were even threats called in for days after, keeping everyone "on edge".

In talking with a few guys from the FDNY, some told me they hadn't gone home for weeks. Between searching for victims at the site, working at the firehouses to fill in for the loss of their Brother Firefighters and attending the funerals. Some days there were as many as Five funerals a day.

We know that there are still those suffering and dying from that dust that filled their lungs. Some receiving life long injures as well.

We have many individuals right here that were a part of these tragic events as they happened and the weeks and months that followed.

I remember firefighters from outside the city were asked just to attend some of the funerals because the members of the FDNY had to continue with the required duties. They just wanted to have Brother Firefighters show up in dress uniform so they could receive some kind of Fire Dept representation at those funerals.

Each and every person who is alive today has their own story to tell. In my home area, one 23 year old who was working in one of the towers at the time and was remembered by local residents.

In my own case I had attended many classes given at the FDNY Academy by some of those FDNY members who were lost on that horrible day. They were the BEST In What They Did and I was so fortunate to have met them and learn from their classes and experience.

Some have said "The day of 9/11 was the day the World Stopped Turning". I think there's a lot of truth to that because no matter where we were, "our lives came to a halt that day".

ABSOLUTELY agreed. Thank you for that post 1261Truckie. How many Americans can remember, understand and discuss dates and events recalling, defining and leading to December 7, Bunker Hill, Concord, Lexington, Paul Revere's Ride, Gettysburg, Yorktown, the Emancipation Proclamation, the Marne, Iwo Jima, Berlin Raids, Kuwait or any other dates that should be foremost in every American's mind. These, and other dates, aren't meant to be relegated to department stores' "white sales" and other holiday "come-on's" to get people to open up the wallets and overspend on the credit cards. That's bastardizing the meaning for the sake of monetary profit. And that's purely disgraceful and despicable.

It's up to us, our generation who have served for the greater good, whether in uniform or otherwise, to demand and strongly DEMAND recognition of, and appreciation for, respect of what this great nation means at its deepest core.

There's nothing political about it. There's only patriotism.