COMPUTER-GENERATED VOICE WITH CADS

I was just viewing a video posted on You Tube of 207 Engine turning out on an EMS run.  In the background, there was a female voice that sounded like a computer-generated message similar to Chicago FD's dispatch.  Is this something new citywide, a pilot project in Brooklyn or something I've missed whilst living in VA?

JJFLOOD said:
I was just viewing a video posted on You Tube of 207 Engine turning out on an EMS run.  In the background, there was a female voice that sounded like a computer-generated message similar to Chicago FD's dispatch.  Is this something new citywide, a pilot project in Brooklyn or something I've missed whilst living in VA?
Post the link ..

Pilot program for Tillary St.

It sucks.

Acknowledgement of runs never goes thru.  Dispatcher is forever calling to companies to acknowledge the run.

Hard to understand alot of the messages.  No grammatical pauses.  Tells you "1ST DUE (or 2ND DUE) ENGINE! (or LADDER)" Then box number, address and cross streets. Doesn't tell you type of run, etc. No idea what it is for EMS, stuck elevator, water leak, fire, etc.

HUMAN BEINGS STILL RULE!!!!

Also has a series of lights.  Each company has their own color light that lights up.  If multiple companies go, all of their lights, light up.

Is there any update on this pilot in Brooklyn?  Have they worked out the bugs?  Is it going to expand?  Thanks!

The butts hang out somewhat in order to be able to connect an additional bed prior to the original bed running out of hose in a long stretch ....it out allows the swivel to be rotated to rapidly make the connection.