Electronic Command Post

I seen this on one of the video's on this site.  Can I get some information on this?

Well there's nothing really out there yet. The department is experimenting with some pilot products though. One is an Electronic Incident Management System, which basically uses a rugged tablet to tracks units and maydays as well as maps and building blueprints. They're also developing an Electronic Fireground Accountability System (EFAS). This would use radios to help track units and members. Again this is all just experimental stuff right now

The EFAS system is already in use in the battalion cars by switching a screen on the MDT.

BCR

They are also using the pack tracker already I believe, which transmits the GPS location when the pass alarm goes into full activation, I think rescues squads and rescue and saftey battalions have the device that revives the info, that is why you get a riding position assigned and a pack is assigned to that position, do they no exactly who is missing, that was the way it was told to me at least

It doesn't transmit a GPS location just a signal that is picked up by the pak tracker and depending on the strength of the signal they can tell the relative location of the down firefighter. Usually at jobs rescue or squad will drop it off to the fast truck for them to use. Alot of companies in the beginning had no idea what this piece of equipment was that was being handed to them. The city then started training all companies on it.

It happened in my Batt. They dropped the pak tracker off and no one knew what it was.

They came and trained my truck one day. They only trained certain groups though. Not everyone has seen it. It is a big bulky (similar in size to the older Tic cameras) thing and it tracks the radio signal from the mask. Kinda like they used in Red Dawn to find the Wolverines.  As you aim it in the direction of the downed ff the signal goes up and down if you point it away. But then you have to aim it up or down to narrow the location down.  The problem is that the radio signals bounce off walls and and stairs but it can get you in the general vicinity if you use it right.