Engine 18

As the anniversary of the 23rd Street fire past on Saturday, a question came to mind. Would anyone out there know what type of pumper Engine 18 was running at that time?
Thanks in advance.
Ed B.

At that time 18 had a 1954 Mack "L" model, 1000 gallon pumper. Pretty sure it was "L".

Thank you, Memory Master. I was pretty sure it was a '54 L Mack. By the time of the fire FDNY had acquired over 130 newer pumpers that maybe they had picked up one of them. Again, thanks much.
Ed B.

I was looking at John Calderone's book and the year before the fire alot of companies got Mack C model pumpers. As you said not E18 though. Could their next new pumper have been a Mack CF? That would mean they had the '54 a couple more years into the late '60s. I'm no expert but I think the first CF models were in '69.

I was looking at John Calderone's book and the year before the fire alot of companies got Mack C model pumpers. As you said not E18 though. Could their next new pumper have been a Mack CF? That would mean they had the '54 a couple more years into the late '60s. I'm no expert but I think the first CF models were in '69.
Photo of E18 with their next rig on this page