Engine 276 blocked by city bus

Have to say the member's conducted themselve's VERY WELL, I know many other's, including myself who would of dragged that bus driver out myself and moved the bus myself or just one good slapping around.

Wow...the fact that the bus driver was giving the Firefighters attitude too is unbelievable...what made him think that it is a good idea to block a rig...

I wonder if the people of that neighborhood, who follow the rigs around and try to catch the guys "goofing off" will have something to say to their mayor about this. Oy vey, coulda been a big problem

Interesting. especially if that happened today  since E276 was the CFRD Engine on the 10-77 w/ cardiac arrest about 7:30ish this morning AND was 3rd Due on the all hands at box 2906 @09:05 this morning as well.  

I agree with Rob, we would have "opened up" then "ventilated" and I pray we would have "forced entry" ! All I can say is RE-DAMN-DICULOS!

Engine 276 are a great group of guys. I've seen them trying to interact and have fun with the community on a hot summer day. Glad to see that they handled it in an extremely professional manner and had civilian backing. I really hope the MTA will take action on that bus driver. Seems pretty blatant that he was doing it on purpose since there was no car that I could see in front of him.

Here, for what it's worth, is the response I received after forwarding the video to the MTA:

We received your complaint regarding a bus operator.  We apologize for our bus operator?s actions.

MTA New York City Transit is committed to providing safe, courteous, reliable, and accessible bus service.  Our training programs for bus operators are designed to instill high standards of professional conduct and safe operation.  The behavior you described is not representative of those standards.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Sincerely,

Ivy Taradash
Senior Customer Service Associate
MTA

Bulldog

Bulldog
In other words we aren't going to do anything so don't waste our time anymore!

It's like having the fox watch the chicken coop!  To get some action you would need to send this to the Executive Board of the MTA at 347 Madison Avenue NYC NY- Jay Walder is the current Chairman. Another option is to send it to a major news outlet which may wish to assign an investigative reporter.  You know the story - "out of sight out of mind"

The best way to get action from government is to embarass them, on a regular basis if necessary