Favorite Fire House

I saw this topic posted back in 2009, thought it would be Interesting to post it again with all the new members and hopefully get some more replies. There are quite a few fire houses in the city that are just amazing looking. What is your favorite fire house? Not based on company, The members who work there, the amount of fire duty, etc. etc. etc. strictly based on the architect or the fire house itself which one is your favorite in the city?

Active firehouses E74.

Non-active houses it's a toss up between E15 on Henry or R2 on Bergen St.

Love the old firehouses that so rich in history.

E268/L137 Rockaways, E285/L142 Ozone Park 3 floors with big balcony on 3rd Floor are very nice. E55 on Broome St another very architecturally nice looking firehouse. Think everyone's picks are spot on.

Ladder co. 114... old quarters 5209 5 ave bklyn
a 2 story single house not much to look at but filled with old school irish catholic traditions.
the officer on duty said "Grace" before every meal and when dinner was over {pots/pans/plates were put on hold} we would sit around table talking like a family..new members were required to learn the words to "four green fields" an irish rebel song and sing it solo in the backroom.
tally-ho!

Last edited:
I'm not sure of architecture, but the best house I knew was E321 in Bklyn. I grew up in Gerritsen Beach and would pass the house all the time while taking walks with my grandpa. The crew was always friendly and would invite us in to let me roam around. One guy gave me a used helmet which after 50 years I still have and have it hanging in my den. Received a scanner one Christmas and began following the FD all over. Still listen at 60 yo and my wife has been listening since she met me 28 years ago. Only reason did not become a member was I was colorblind. Still disappoints me till this day. Tons of respect for the men and women who have the greatest job in the world.

Ladder co. 114... old quarters 5209 5 ave bklyn
a 2 story single house not much to look at but filled with old school irish catholic traditions.
the officer on duty said "Grace" before every meal and when dinner was over {pots/pans/plates were put on hold} we would sit around table talking like a family..new members were required to learn the words to "four green fields" an irish rebel song and sing it solo in the backroom.
tally-ho!

Still saying Grace before each meal Tem. That hasn’t changed