FDIC Pierce Ascendant Aerials

Would like to see some of these field tested for FDNY in the busiest boroughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLaJvI1jAXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3xDjOD3TWM

Bulldog

Bulldog
I don't think that's something you'll ever see.  Unfortunately Pierce doesn't seem interested in bidding for FDNY business.  Even though the rescue from them that was in the service was well liked by all members they didn't bid the order for new rescues.  I'm not sure but I believe the biggest part of the issue is seen long-term warranty support that FDNY contracts demand.

I agree that the Ascendant looks like a very capable piece of apparatus and are a lot of other pieces of apparatus made by Pierce.  The amount of apparatus they sell attests to that, which could be another reason they don't want to spend a lot of time looking for business with FDNY.

"Game changing ariel"  Its every thing the Mack/Baker tower ladder is and used to be .  Other then missing the box boom construction , which by the way makes the boom way stronger .  a lot of the same features as the Baker .

It  is my understanding that Pierce won't bid on FDNY because of Pierce's warranty experience (cost) associated with R1.  It will be interesting to see how that works with Philadelphia since they have seven (7) Ascendant tillers on order.

Fdny warranty is completely different than phillys.  Nothing is the same between phillys rigs and FDNY?s rigs. 

BCR

I don?t think Rescue 1s rig has anything to do with it.Pierce was not interested in bidding long before that. Rescue one was also bought through a different bid process

I believe rescue 1 pierce was a homeland security grant and the only manufacturer that participated in that grant was pierce  I?m not a 100% sure though

4 truck said:
I believe rescue 1 pierce was a homeland security grant and the only manufacturer that participated in that grant was pierce  I?m not a 100% sure though

You are correct Truck4  8)