FDNY ENGINE 1 'KING KONG' statue

I see from very recent footage of Engine 1 that they have lost the front 'Empire State Building' statue with King Kong missing of the front of their rig, when i spent a day with the company few years ago it got a lot of mention from passers by and was photoed a lot.

With E1 up for a new MII, are there any new limitations or specifiactions on companies adorning or 'personalising' the new rigs coming in?

JT

You see plenty of companies with numbers on their grills. I know years ago the shops didn't want the front grills blocked in any way because of the decrease in air flow which cools the engine. As long as the rig is under warranty, the jobs dosen't want any modifications to the rig i.e lights, sirens, etc

londonfireguy said:
I see from very recent footage of Engine 1 that they have lost the front 'Empire State Building' statue with King Kong missing of the front of their rig, when i spent a day with the company few years ago it got a lot of mention from passers by and was photoed a lot.

With E1 up for a new MII, are there any new limitations or specifiactions on companies adorning or 'personalising' the new rigs coming in?

JT

Ive seen a couple of photos of E1 and to me it looks like the Statue fell off as the photos i've looked at still has the base of the Statue on the cab. Maybe it just couldn't handle NYC's tough roads......

If E1 miss their mascot E5 has 3 Godzilla's on their cab maybe they might lend E1 one.......just a thought

IRISH said:
londonfireguy said:

JT

Ive seen a couple of photos of E1 and to me it looks like the Statue fell off as the photos i've looked at still has the base of the Statue on the cab. Maybe it just couldn't handle NYC's tough roads......

If E1 miss their mascot E5 has 3 Godzilla's on their cab maybe they might lend E1 one.......just a thought

Engine 5 lost their Gorillas a while ago, i must admit they looked good at the time. I have picked up that E1's King Kong is actually going to be fitted to their new MII rig which is currently at the dealers, which may explain whiy its missing..For me, things like this are great, as we just wouldnt get away with it in the Uk, we are not even allowed to fly the Union jack Flag on fire stations!!! or have union jack flag stickers on our lockers!!

londonfireguy said:
IRISH said:
londonfireguy said:

JT

Engine 5 lost their Gorillas a while ago, i must admit they looked good at the time. I have picked up that E1's King Kong is actually going to be fitted to their new MII rig which is currently at the dealers, which may explain whiy its missing..For me, things like this are great, as we just wouldnt get away with it in the Uk, we are not even allowed to fly the Union jack Flag on fire stations!!! or have union jack flag stickers on our lockers!!

Its the same here no personalization to Rigs or Stations. The odd rig might have a little sticker or something. For me like you i love to see it, i thinks NY's rig's look brill because of it and it keeps the men happy. If you look at E 273 look how good their rig looks with some personalization.

here is a link for Fire Apparatus over here London http://www.fire-ireland.com/